• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now i really want another glock..

Like one of the earlier juvenile posts.... I'm not a huge glock nut. I don't own one. But, I've found the company to be great and the guns are very reliable. I'm not ready to switch out my EDC but I'm ready for a range-glock. :)

I miss shooting competitively and GSSF seems like a solidly organized group with plenty of shooting events. My next gun will be a Glock. Maybe it will grow on me?

Thanks teefman, I'm thinking about getting a 19 or possibly a g35/g34. Does glock allow factory c models in the matches? Also, if I put a glock OEM -connector in a 19, is that legal to use?

Yes, c models are allowed in their matches (any stock glock is). FYI, in the monthly shooting you will be going up against people that have different models of glocks (that's how it was where I shot). In the Annual shoot I believe you only go up against people of either the same caliber or the same glock model (I cant remember).

Glock firearms are to be considered "stock". But they do allow some modifications (see link...page 4).
http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/Current_GSSF_Rules.pdf

FYI, I would look into the G17 as well (I have a G17). Some of the best shooters at the Annual Shoot have the G17 (have seen it and read it in an article in the Glock Annual Magazine). But you deff can't go wrong with the G35/G34 either. :)

Yes, c models are allowed in their matches (any stock glock is). FYI, in the monthly shooting you will be going up against people that have different models of glocks (that's how it was where I shot). In the Annual shoot I believe you only go up against people of either the same caliber or the same glock model (I cant remember).

Glock firearms are to be considered "stock". But they do allow some modifications (see link...page 4).
http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/Current_GSSF_Rules.pdf

FYI, I would look into the G17 as well (I have a G17). Some of the best shooters at the Annual Shoot have the G17 (have seen it and read it in an article in the Glock Annual Magazine). But you deff can't go wrong with the G35/G34 either. :)

Thanks! Its my understanding that I'd be competing in the amateur stock class which is open to all makes and models, non professional competition shooters. Since from what I've also read, the steel targets are designed to fall with a 9mm, so I'm happy with running a 9mm. Ill consider the 17 but I really like the 34. I may go with a 19 for competition as I was deadly accurate with the one I had and would consider carrying it.

Everyone is deadly accurate until the buzzer goes off and you go full retard

From what I've seen there's 3 main events, glock the plates, then the one with 2 silouhettes on outside, 2 Popper's on inside and then the one with several silouhettes. Ill more than likely take.my time.in the beginning instead of going strictly for speed.

I see it all the time

"shooter ready?"

"yup"

"stand by" .......BEEEP

Uhhhhhh what am I supposed to do again ?

Its kinda like that Forrest Griffin once said "everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face". Shooting is just the same, everyone has a plan till the buzzer goes off.
Oh I agree...but contextually, it was even funnier.

And just because I'm anal, the quote is actually "Everyone has a plan until they get hit." and Mike Tyson said it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom