• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now i really want another glock..

Oh I agree...but contextually, it was even funnier.

And just because I'm anal, the quote is actually "Everyone has a plan until they get hit." and Mike Tyson said it. :thumb:
Considering it will be my very first match, I have no doubt ill make mistakes or be nervous. My only "plan" is to go slow and try to get slow hits instead of fast misses. As experience increases, so does speed.

And the most important thing to remember is to have fun. :)

Definitely will!
B.a.customkydex, I think you misunderstood what.I.said. I don't plan to come out the first time and win a free glock. What I.meant when I said that I'm deadly accurate with a 19 is that I don't 'need' a 17 or 34 to help me shoot better in the match. Either way, the main and only reason is fun. Winning a glock.would be nice, but having fun with other shooters is the.main reason.

What my comment of "Everyone is deadly accurate until the buzzer goes off and you go full retard" means is that everyone can shoot tight little groups when standing still in a lane just casually shooting. When you are put under stress and under a timer, things change. Ive seen it in every discipline that I have shot in, or been an RO for. This guys rifle shoots .24 groups when there is plenty of time to lay there and squeeze the rigger, and readjust after each shot. But give him a time limit and that group is no where near that small. Or with pistol shooting, put a target a target at 7 yards and every shot is in the A zone .... now add in sprinting to that position to shoot 2 rounds at a target then having to move to the next spot to see the next target and knowing you are being timed and you now have an Alpha and a Charlie ... Or even a Charlie and a Mike.

standing there just target shooting is one thing, target shooting with stressors is another thing.

What my comment of "Everyone is deadly accurate until the buzzer goes off and you go full retard" means is that everyone can shoot tight little groups when standing still in a lane just casually shooting. When you are put under stress and under a timer, things change. Ive seen it in every discipline that I have shot in, or been an RO for. This guys rifle shoots .24 groups when there is plenty of time to lay there and squeeze the rigger, and readjust after each shot. But give him a time limit and that group is no where near that small. Or with pistol shooting, put a target a target at 7 yards and every shot is in the A zone .... now add in sprinting to that position to shoot 2 rounds at a target then having to move to the next spot to see the next target and knowing you are being timed and you now have an Alpha and a Charlie ... Or even a Charlie and a Mike.

standing there just target shooting is one thing, target shooting with stressors is another thing.

This is true. I know some folks who can stand still and stack um. The minute you start firing a gun next to them and tell them to start firing... they could not hit the broadside of a barn.

We all have to start somewhere eh? I'm sure you were the same your first few matches.

We all have to start somewhere eh? I'm sure you were the same your first few matches.

First few? I go buzzer dumb every time it goes off.

One match I remember in particular, I was talking with some guys about how to shoot a Texas star. I told em never start on the bottom, always start on the top, then work left or right, whichever you are comfortable with ..... buzzer goes off, first plate I shoot is bottom left ....... WTF was i thinking ...... I simply wasnt.

Back
Top Bottom