• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT GunShow Concerns

Last year I set up a booth with every expectation of not sailing enough stuff to pay the booth rent.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Highest sales of any gun show I've ever done, and all in a single 6 hour period.
You can listen to this man he's the official Outdoor trader news ( REPORTER ).

As a person that has reserved a booth for the gunshow in May, I am worried about the attendance with 1500+ tickets still not sold or the bunch of tables that hasn't been reserved. Will it be a ghost town in May? Is it to early to worry with less than month to go? I have noticed that the gun market is very soft right now, so the question I have is, should we move the date? Just curious if anyone else have the same concerns?
Pic of Last show
odt2.jpg

same weekend as the expo show. lots of traders will be at the expo, myself included.
just a bad weekend for it. dont plan it on the same weekend as the largest show in the state...

I initially tried to avoid other shows but then you discover there's a terrible gun show scheduled almost every week.

I admire everyone's optimism. I don't doubt it will be a good time. The concern is the amount of tickets that are still left to sell. Not about having a good time. It sold out very quickly last year. Not the case this time around. Hopefully many are procrastinating on buying tickets. I'm bringing a pretty decent assortment of everything. Just hoping to see big crowds and maybe sell a few things to free up some funds. I had a blast last year and sold a few things and bought a few as well. I wanted it to become an annual event so that's why I jumped on this opportunity as soon as it was announced.

Is it an inside joke about several typing sailing in their posts?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

You say it sold out very quickly last year but that isn't quite accurate. Tickets went on sale around March of 2019 and we didn't sell out until the Thursday evening before the event in April 2022, so over 3 years and this one is just 3 months.

We've sold 500 tickets and sold about 100 tables/booths and those come with free tickets, so we're at about 600 people right now. (Last year tables/booths required a separate admission.)

Last year we sold 600+ admissions in the week before the show.

Also last year the actual attendance at the show was roughly 1,050 people, so there's a decent chance this will have more people there than the last one did.

I was really surprised to see this thread, I haven't had any concerns myself at all.

You say it sold out very quickly last year but that isn't quite accurate. Tickets went on sale around March of 2019 and we didn't sell out until the Thursday evening before the event in April 2022, so over 3 years and this one is just 3 months.
Can confirm as I posted a "For Sale" ticket flipping thread when the tickets ran out as I had an extra ticket. The wailing and gnashing of teeth was pretty funny. I was holding it for poopdaddy poopdaddy but he thought I was kidding. I need to up my neckbeardin' game I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom