• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT In Memorium - RIP

There are times in life when words are simply inadequate, attempting to console parents on the loss of a child is one of of those times. I can't begin to comprehend the pain you are feeling. My most sincere prayers for you and your wife.
I promise to get through all the comments and prayers y'all have left. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get to them over the next week or so. I also know it's hard sometimes to pray for someone you've never met. So I would like to introduce to you Gary, Margie and Nathaniel (Nate) Schmitt.

View attachment 1464258

Zoid and Zoid Jr.

View attachment 1464260

I will be praying for you and your family daily. I can’t imagine your pain but I have already read that you have friends here that have experienced it. Let me encourage you to reach out to them. My son and I met Nate at the Tucker swap meet. What a wonderful young man. May God shine His in these dark days with supernatural comfort and strength.

ODT Brethren,

I have a few minutes to check in tonight. I don't know what to do/say/think . . . . .

Right now, surrounded by our best friends, good neighbors, church family, and blood family, things are bearable. My greatest fear and darkest days I think are ahead of us, after the funeral service, when life goes back to "normal."

Our "normal" passed with our son. I really fear the days ahead. Our daughters are both out of the house and we will be utterly alone.

Because my son was special needs, we were planning our future with him living with us until OUR death. Last week, we had two empty bedrooms in our house. This week we have three empty bedrooms . . . .

We never planned for what lies ahead, and it scares me . . . . .

Tomorrow we meet with the funeral folks . . . . . . . . .

Gary

I remember the time at Jim and Nicks M&G, Nate was shining that day.RIP my little buddy.
He loved meeting you Biker. I think you were his most favorite person there, other than GlockGirl . . . . .

Sorry @geezer, that's just how Nate rolled . . . . I think you came in third. Biker reminded Nate of Santa, who was a very special person in his life.

Gary,

My families' prayers go out to your family. I was shocked when my son shared the news with me this morning. I am glad to see all the support from the ODT community

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks much DC.

I'll let you and the rest of the community know when the service arrangements are finalized.

I am thinking this will be this coming Saturday at 11:00am, Saint John Neumann Catholic Church in Lilburn. I will confirm tomorrow evening when I know more.

Z

Back
Top Bottom