• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

I'm at 60 days since approval date, got a certified copy and my FFL will not release my suppressor to me without a stamp. They supposedly spoke to ATF and ATF told them they can't release it to me, called the ATF and ATF said that they should release it to me even with a certified copy. So I'm at a gridlock

That’s just uttered bull****....... Try to get the atf to put that in email form, with contact info?

That’s just uttered bull****....... Try to get the atf to put that in email form, with contact info?

Yes, I even got the dealer on the phone with the ATF and ATF was like yes the certified copy is as good as the original stamp. Even after hearing that, the dealer will not even release it! They now want a letter from the ATF, stating that the certified copy is as good as a stamped copy. So we left a voicemail with the examiner that signed off on the copy and will have to wait for her to respond back. Guys do yourself a favor and make sure you do your transfer through a dealer that is knowledgeable or at least go through one with a silencershop kiosk, cause this is beyond ridiculous.

Yes, I even got the dealer on the phone with the ATF and ATF was like yes the certified copy is as good as the original stamp. Even after hearing that, the dealer will not even release it! They now want a letter from the ATF, stating that the certified copy is as good as a stamped copy. So we left a voicemail with the examiner that signed off on the copy and will have to wait for her to respond back. Guys do yourself a favor and make sure you do your transfer through a dealer that is knowledgeable or at least go through one with a silencershop kiosk, cause this is beyond ridiculous.
Do you care to tell us the name of the Dealer?

Where's your original?

What did you SBR?

I sbr'ed a BCM complete lower. Equipped it with a BCM 11.5 upper. Hopefully the suppressor stamp is shortly behind it so the package is complete. :).

Suppressor was purchased 1/29/18 from QRF with a 2/23/18 stamp cashed date. Probably got a little longer left on it.

Both of these were done as individual.

I sbr'ed a BCM complete lower. Equipped it with a BCM 11.5 upper. Hopefully the suppressor stamp is shortly behind it so the package is complete. :).

Suppressor was purchased 1/29/18 from QRF with a 2/23/18 stamp cashed date. Probably got a little longer left on it.

Both of these were done as individual.
Nice. What can did you get? I'm kicking around a 5.56 can as well.

Nice. What can did you get? I'm kicking around a 5.56 can as well.
Getting an omega. I have a 5.56 can (m4-2000) but it’s old and the weight is ridiculous. I personally wouldn’t even consider a 5.56 can again especially with how light and versatile the newer .30 cal cans are. End caps, SUPER light weight, modular size on some, excellent suppression, etc. I think 30 cal is the way to go and call it a day.

That’s just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom