• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT's most vague gun question...

Do they all need this adjustment or is this something you have to do as they are used. I would think that if you used it and it worked fine that I would leave it alone.

Do they all need this adjustment or is this something you have to do as they are used. I would think that if you used it and it worked fine that I would leave it alone.
Absolutely if it runs leave it be. I find that when people are having FTE issues on an AR-9 it’s usually either a chipped/broken extractor on the bolt face, or an ejector that needs to be “tuned”

My AR-9 was spitting casings back into the action erratically. It caused stove pipes and otHer FTEs. I adjusted the ejector with a set of baby channel locks (it was very minimal) and since then have thousands through the weapon and like it so much I SBRd that puppy. I haven’t broken an ejector nor any small parts, but I have a spare bolt ready to roll because AR-9 are known to be finicky and rough on small parts

E46F883E-9FB4-423B-9083-7DAEE18F90E8.jpeg

Maybe im too old school but seems to me, a brand new weapon system ought to be "adjusted" and ready to "run" reliably out of the box. I concede, occasionally a weapon likes a break in but really? You pay good money for brand new and have to bend brand new parts to work correctly? I can't help but feel I'd wind up passing on the purchase of a "bend it till it works right" weapon system and look for something else. I think if the upper cost more than a Hi Point 9mm carbine, of which mine is dead reliable and silly accurate even with my crappy reloads, then said upper wouldn't be the right choice. (for me anyway)

Maybe im too old school but seems to me, a brand new weapon system ought to be "adjusted" and ready to "run" reliably out of the box. I concede, occasionally a weapon likes a break in but really? You pay good money for brand new and have to bend brand new parts to work correctly? I can't help but feel I'd wind up passing on the purchase of a "bend it till it works right" weapon system and look for something else. I think if the upper cost more than a Hi Point 9mm carbine, of which mine is dead reliable and silly accurate even with my crappy reloads, then said upper wouldn't be the right choice. (for me anyway)
Tweaking, trimming, and filing ejectors has been around for a long time.
Once again the AR-9 platform is finicky. Similar to an AR-10. If you’re looking for out of the box guaranteed reliability without any effort on the consumer end then avoid both of those platforms

It’s also over-gassed, does he’ll on internals, needs to be buffered correctly in comparison to the weight of the bolt you’re using. Spare parts need to be on deck. It’s not one of those platforms you just grab and go unfortunately a lot of them do take extra work on your side

The upper did NOT cost as much as a Hi Point 9mm carbine; of which I have owned before. Great platform, just not what I am wanting.

WELL...... Will not feed from magazine, so looks like Sharps40 Sharps40 you may have been right and I should've stuck with a Hipoint :boink:

There is no feed ramp/no barrel ramp and the rounds go in cattywampous and will not load. Now for research and get it into someone else's hands to fix it. :noidea::frusty:

OR just be happy w a single shot, hand loaded AR pistol. :rofl:

BTW: used Glock 17 factory mag. I've got a handful of the ETS Glock magazines, but I didn't like the way they were loading??? The rounds were going in sideways and not loading up straight. I will look further into this at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom