• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
90887417_800868117071521_3556546964801716224_n.jpg

I have high-risk kids so I’m at home with pay until the 6th. It’ll be reevaluated on April 3rd so it could be extended another 2 weeks or more. There’s one case of Covid-19 at my workplace, but I’m on the opposite side of the warehouse. I work in a 1 million square foot warehouse.

I was let go Monday morning. 2 weeks prior the bonuses were eliminated to help but apparently not enough.

The wife recently changed jobs and is only working part time but We will make it.

My (former) boss is hopeful that either the bail out will keep us on or in 1 to 3 months He will be able to bring us back on.

He is paying me until April 1st which is good and will help in collecting unemployment for me ( first time ever on unemployment)

This poll shows something about this crowd. Most of the regular people on the ODT aren’t defeated easily. Most will find a way, even in a recession to make it. You’d have to take their health, cripple or kill them before they’d give up trying. Others give up easily and accept mediocrity or total failure. You can’t keep a good man down!

*No change at the factory, we are a service provider there as " Essential " ( production slightly down)
*Church streaming online only and ZOOM sessions for small group
*Family Restaurant is " To- Go " only and down to only 2-3 employees, orders are SLIM

I was 6weeks into the prehire process for a job I really wanted. My last interview was feb 27th. It all hit the fan a few days later. I emailed, called and tried not to be a pest about it.Crickets. I had turned down an offer from a different company the week before thinking I had a good shot at the one I wanted. And Friday I get a call saying I will have an offer sheet in the next few days. Just took my pee test this am for a hopefully April 13th start date. If this actually happens, Im gonna straighten up and fly right from here on out. I swear...

3 man rotation cut to 2, odd man out is rotating every shift as “available” but at home with pay. The two of us working are getting an additional stipend per day of work. Top brass is at home with pay for the most part as is everyone else unless needed or in a rotation. Could be worse but I feel for everyone as I remember how bad it was 12 years ago. Main reason I switched careers, paycut short term but now I’ll be employed unless the world stops turning. Stay safe everyone.

Back
Top Bottom