• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

In 1997 I bought gold for about $400 an ounce, in 2011 or 2012 I sold it at about $1,800 an ounce.
It worked out that way....

I only wish I would have bought more!
I don't have that kind of patience. I wish I had bought 100 Dragunov SVDs when they were 500 dollars as well since they are worth 10-15k now.

Because you have to have a medium of exchange. I do not want to trade my ammo, But I will trade my silver.
Gold and silver have been mediums of exchange since the Creation.
Plus I am earning a paltry .02% on my savings. Silver I bought 2 years ago went up in value by 20% (from $15/oz to $18'oz)
I can always sell it before SHTF and get cash.
I don't want your shiny HEAVY metal TEOTWAWKI. I had rather have a MRE or ammo. But if you are just buying it as an investment then more power to ya. If you think about it though why are these money exchanges selling it if it may be worth so much in the future.

There's a reason a US $1 silver coin had $1 stamped on to it. Citizens could buy and purchase goods and services for exactly $1.
Now that $1 silver coin is almost at $20.
So let's say one takes a paper $1 bill to buy some gas from a guy and another guy gets his US silver dollar $1 that's worth $18+ in reality to buy some gas, ....Who's getting the most gas???
Precious metals is a secure way to fight inflation of the US currency, .... Basically.
If there is ever a rebuilding of wealth, the ones who have it will be better off in SHTF rebuild.
Obviously ammo and guns will be also a high demand currency type.

There's a reason a US $1 silver coin had $1 on it.
So let's say one takes a paper $1 bill to buy some gas from a guy and another guy gets his US silver dollar $1 that's worth $18+ in reality to buy some gas, ....Who's getting the most gas???
Precious metals is a secure way to fight inflation of the US currency, .... Basically.

And it's real shiny....so theres that.

There's a reason a US $1 silver coin had $1 on it.
Yeah I saw that commercial.

There's a reason a US $1 silver coin had $1 stamped on to it. Citizens could buy and purchase goods and services for exactly $1.
If there is ever a rebuilding of wealth, the ones who have it will be better off in SHTF rebuild.
Obviously ammo and guns will be also a high demand currency type.
It is not worth anything to me. It won't even fit in a coke machine. ;)

Back
Top Bottom