• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I don't want your shiny HEAVY metal TEOTWAWKI. I had rather have a MRE or ammo. But if you are just buying it as an investment then more power to ya. If you think about it though why are these money exchanges selling it if it may be worth so much in the future.
Multi-prong approach. Have guns, ammo, 3000 gal of fresh water stored on site, freeze dried food, orchard and garden for fresh stuff (planted 25 strawberry plants last week and 3 grape vines to add to variety, dehydrated strawberries and raisins keep for a long time and taste delicious).
PMs are sold because people need to make a living. Also, most of the silver sold today is a byproduct of mining for other metals, mostly copper. Producers need to recoup some of the costs, and I am happy to help.

Of course who am I to talk about wise investments. I spent 2k on a bird. Love him to death but seriously WTH was I thinking? Good natured bird though but if you annoy him he's not afraid to use that beak which I have already discovered. ;)

Multi-prong approach. Have guns, ammo, 3000 gal of fresh water stored on site, freeze dried food, orchard and garden for fresh stuff (planted 25 strawberry plants last week and 3 grape vines to add to variety, dehydrated strawberries and raisins keep for a long time and taste delicious).
PMs are sold because people need to make a living. Also, most of the silver sold today is a byproduct of mining for other metals, mostly copper. Producers need to recoup some of the costs, and I am happy to help.
How are you storing 3000 gallons of fresh H2O?

Rain barrels made out of 1000L/269 gal IBC containers and recycled 55 gal drums in spots too small for IBC.
Use water for the orchard in the summer, so my well dows not run dry . Water is contsantly refreshed by new rain. I used it for bathing and dishes (after boiling) when my well pump broke.

images
upload_2017-3-28_18-27-15.jpeg

Hey guys, I wanted to get your take on junk silver vs rounds and bars. Is the junk silver harder to sell/barter with or is it just a personal preference thing? Thanks for the input

Do you mean "junk" us 90% silver coinage? If so, it is highly regarded. It has the US government backing it up and is easily recognizable.Some folks are iffy about generic silver and whether it is verifiable as legit. It is currently trading at about 13 to 14 times face value.

By the way, Bullion Stacker is a good source for buying and selling silver. I have $20 FV in decent Washington quarters (no culls) if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom