• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I am just asking a question since we are on the topic. Are Silver eagles really worth more at sell time than maple leafs or Britannias? I know for sure they cost a lot more to buy but essentially all of those quality coins are just 1 oz silver.

I am just asking a question since we are on the topic. Are Silver eagles really worth more at sell time than maple leafs or Britannias? I know for sure they cost a lot more to buy but essentially all of those quality coins are just 1 oz silver.
They will be worth melt value or less don't matter if it's a generic round or a slabbed ms70 ase
silver is silver
stack smart, stack deep

SD bullion is paying +8.50 for ASE’s and +3 for maples and britt’s

The current high premiums are an anomaly. They, to a degree, reflect a truer picture of the price of silver but there is no reason that Eagles should command a greater premium than other reputable coinage. buy depending on what your anticipated future use will be. For barter or trade 90% silver coins are probably best. To sell into a rising market Britannia’s or Maple leafs or even a bar or bars that fit your budget.

SD bullion is paying +8.50 for ASE’s and +3 for maples and britt’s
That’s great info and thanks for sharing. That tells me something because the difference between maple leafs or britannias and eagles is more than that spread. That tells me that eagles aren’t worth it based strictly on price. As of last night eagles were about 42$ and maple leafs 32 ish

if you want to see a high, over spot premium, check out Mexican Libertads!!! it's astronomical..
people here will pay more for American silver, it's a simple fact, as it's going now, and always has....the same will be in years to come....now, if the SHTF, and there becomes a barter situation, I think most recognizable silver bullion would trade at the same value..

Back
Top Bottom