• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official Thread for the Fall C&R shoot!

I'm looking for the guy that offered to clean rifles for $10 each. I thought that price was too high until I had to clean guns all afternoon. It was probably the best deal of the day. :)

I feel your pain my son went straight back to UGA after we visited the Toccoa museum and had dinner.

I got stuck cleaning 4 rifles and 3 pistols. I flushed his 98K Mauser barrel w/hot water as soon as I got home because he shot corrosive. I did a quick CLP patch run down all the others Saturday night.

Did some detail cleaning Sunday and will finish up tonight and tomorrow. Fun shooting hard work cleaning.

The only god thing is that I didn't have to clean my M1917 Eddystone because it has a new owner!!!

attachment.php

Mr. POAR was there? :behindsofa:

By the way my SVT 40 was great to shoot, but a PITA to disassemble!

Made a rookie mistake taking out the recoil spring. (I should have watched the Youtube video all the way through because the guy doing it had the same thing happen to him then showed how to use BOTH hands!!) T
he middle has a guide that connects springs on either side and it shot out! Took me 15 minutes to find it behind some storage boxes in my basement!

Reassembly was a hassle because the trigger group would not seat fully! Took 15 minutes and a ton of CLP and brute force to get that back, guess the previous owner never removed it, don't blame him!

Made a rookie mistake taking out the recoil spring. (I should have watched the Youtube video all the way through because the guy doing it had the same thing happen to him then showed how to use BOTH hands!!) T
he middle has a guide that connects springs on either side and it shot out! Took me 15 minutes to find it behind some storage boxes in my basement!

Reassembly was a hassle because the trigger group would not seat fully! Took 15 minutes and a ton of CLP and brute force to get that back, guess the previous owner never removed it, don't blame him!

You're in good company, my trigger group never seats fully on the first try. My dad would say I wasn't holding my mouth right because that thing is a ***** to install!

wow, what a pain. I'll take if off your hands if you like.....hate to see you have to go through all that

wow, what a pain. I'll take if off your hands if you like.....hate to see you have to go through all that

About 15 minutes into it, I might have taken you up on it, but man triumphed over machine and it is the sweetheart of my collection again. What kind of sexy Russian name should I give her?

Olga, Svetlanta, Natasha?

Back
Top Bottom