• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oh the outrage! WHY!

Right now there seem to be plenty that are intent to thwart the huge, sweeping gun rights victories by being our worst enemies.

Since some suggest that if enough people open carried (first take a look at the total number of ccw holders nationwide),that it would become a social norm, is there any evidence to back up such a claim? Is there any evidence to the contrary? Any evidence that it may in fact backfire and steel our opponents against us?

A lie cannot live. Education with facts and historical data that the "armed public" is not a threat as the fear mongers have claimed for every restoration of our gun rights, the public will make a decision. The far left makes fear and emotion their platform while the far right claims a constitutional right, honest public/personal safety and true reductions of violent crime supported by decades of non-biased criminology studies-the field of study the far left has abandoned in failure. The new fertile field is "public health". This is the new avenue of approach.

You failed to understand my point. I compared TACTICS not INDIVIDUALS....there's a huge difference there, and the parallel I drew in tactics was quite obvious.

I get that but you could have used other examples. Carrying has already been changed so much to make it PC that if people keep trying to change it you might as well carry a safe around on your back with a 10 pin code that takes 45 mins to get into and give the bad guy a warning after all that. If you keep trying to hide it they will just keep pushing it to make owning guns illegal altogether. Oh wait! They are! So let's just lay down and give in. We need to make sure we don't upset them so they try to take away our air next.

Actually, things are much much better now. Was not that long ago that there was a laundry list of places you could not carry and the rules were quite Byzantine.

Do you believer there is evidence to support your theory that seeing some more people carrying will desensitize the public to a presence of firearms? Do you have any formal education in sociology, psychology, etc?

Just curious.

Does it show? Yes I have been educated and applied some not all of that education in practice. Desensitization is a commonly employed "effective" treatment technique to treat and manage "phobias".

So who do you think is attempting to create a "gun phobia". For most it started in childhood and reinforced by the media. I read MDA's FB pages and just consider all the potential patients in need.......

I get that but you could have used other examples. Carrying has already been changed so much to make it PC that if people keep trying to change it you might as well carry a safe around on your back with a 10 pin code that takes 45 mins to get into and give the bad guy a warning after all that. If you keep trying to hide it they will just keep pushing it to make owning guns illegal altogether. Oh wait! They are! So let's just lay down and give in. We need to make sure we don't upset them so they try to take away our air next.

Your argument is totally illogical.

Are you suggesting that the backlash against open carry, and the subsequent actions taken by companies is in some way safeguarding our rights?

Carrying has already changed to make it more PC? Explain.

Yes, I'm sure our air is next...oh wait. The Republicans are working on that one. LOL

"people keep trying to change it you might as well carry a safe around on your back with a 10 pin code that takes 45 mins to get into and give the bad guy a warning after all ........"

^That is the definition of a false dichotomy. Are there no other avenues available? No other strata of carry between open carry and carrying a safe?

You still haven't answered my previous question. Do you believe open carry, given the incredibly small percentage of people that carry concealed or otherwise, somehow will make people that are scared of guns...less scared? Do you have data to back this up or are you just pulling things out of the air?

Last edited:
Does it show? Yes I have been educated and applied some not all of that education in practice. Desensitization is a commonly employed "effective" treatment technique to treat and manage "phobias".

So who do you think is attempting to create a "gun phobia". For most it started in childhood and reinforced by the media. I read MDA's FB pages and just consider all the potential patients in need.......

When those treatments take place is it typically in a clinical environment, under the supervision of a professional, or is it random strangers in public?

Your heart is truly in the right place, and I wish (do I ever wish) I could agree with you, but the data isn't there.

Right now it's headlines. "Random asshole carries AK at little league game." Yay open carry.

Last edited:

I think the term is appeaser, the guy who gets eaten last.

Back
Top Bottom