Ohio man gets jail for mocking disabled girl

So he's going to prison for an action that was completely harmless to ones physical being and property? I make fun of a ton of people everyday. Did you guys make fun of and laugh at Queen Labeefa? So that means you need jail time right? Oh.. She's handicapped so that means she has more rights and privileges than the next person? I feel like.. yeah.. what an asshole. This isn't illegal.. If it was we wouldn't have room left in our jails.

Going to jail not prison, and yes he should be in prison!!!

If we allow this to go unpunished when do we try and stop such behavior??

Grown adults make jokes to another adult isn't against the law, but when a minor is present the ball game changed.It's all about protecting the women and children in todays world.
You want to call me a bad gay word, you want get into trouble say that same word in front of kids and public then you could be charged with disorderly conduct.

(3) Without provocation, uses to or of another person in such other person's presence, opprobrious or abusive words which by their very utterance tend to incite to an immediate breach of the peace, that is to say, words which as a matter of common knowledge and under ordinary circumstances will, when used to or of another person in such other person's presence, naturally tend to provoke violent resentment, that is, words commonly called "fighting words"; or

(4) Without provocation, uses obscene and vulgar or profane language in the presence of or by telephone to a person under the age of 14 years which threatens an immediate breach of the peace.

(b) Any person who commits the offense of disorderly conduct shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(3) Without provocation, uses to or of another person in such other person's presence, opprobrious or abusive words which by their very utterance tend to incite to an immediate breach of the peace, that is to say, words which as a matter of common knowledge and under ordinary circumstances will, when used to or of another person in such other person's presence, naturally tend to provoke violent resentment, that is, words commonly called "fighting words"; or

(4) Without provocation, uses obscene and vulgar or profane language in the presence of or by telephone to a person under the age of 14 years which threatens an immediate breach of the peace.

(b) Any person who commits the offense of disorderly conduct shall be guilty of a Misdemeanor.

Read more: Is there a state law in georgia on disturbing the peace - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/law/1wr89-state-law-georgia-disturbing-peace.html#ixzz2Dd3ql600

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can interpret any charge to fit whatever action they want.

It's to be able to articulate.

when used to or of another person in such other person's presence, naturally tend to provoke violent resentment, that is, words commonly called "fighting words"

That does not apply to this scenario. He wasn't looking to fight.. Why in the hell would he try to fight her? He was just simply mocking her. Show me something that says making fun of or mocking someone is illegal.

This was just one vid by the grand mother, you're clearly not reading the article about them teasing her before this vid and calling her names.

I did read the article. Did I miss the part where it said he did anything other than make fun of her? That he did anything actually threatening? That the girl actually claimed to feel threatened?

I also read the part where both families have been acting like d-bags...it seems this guy just happened to get caught on video this one time.

Seems to me the problem here is that the law has gotten so screwed up by greed (lawyers and "I need my money") that there is no such thing as a justifiable a@@ kicking any more.
When I was a kid, a man watching this guy could have stomped him into a mud hole with no worries of going to jail, but that was when people gave a crap about each other too. Now folks can say and do whatever they want and hide behind the 1st and get away with it.

I'm all for the 1st, but I'm all for being held accountable for your words too.

Back
Top Bottom