Ohio man gets jail for mocking disabled girl

O, g44l!!!
:g44l:
I REALLY hate to interject here, but you are condensing several elements to fit this discussion. Every offense committed is not an arrest-able offense. The urban legend of the P.O.P. (pi$$ing off police) charge is highly exaggerated. If you have handed an LEO your drivers license that is the extent of you required action save signing the citation. Give him a hard time, as him where the closest Dunkin Donuts is, flip him off... These have all been declared by the higher courts as free expression/ speech. Tag light alone is not an are stable offense at face value, and should an officer do so the ramifications on their career would be substantial.

Refuse to present your license, refuse to sign the ticket, or have non-compact DL (States that do not have an agreement with the State of Georgia), and then you MIGHT go to jail and in those cases it's usually only to post cash bond. I personally found humor in it, rolled with the insults and told them to "press hard there's 5 copies".
and ^this

Last edited:
I'm all for beating someone down for picking on a little kid ... but we have a little thing called freedom of speech in this country. Just because you don't like it or you're offended doesn't mean it should be illegal.

GOOD!!!!!

People should learn respect and needs to be punished.I remember being a kid in middle school and someone was making fun of my brother who is mentally challenged and handicap from the waist down.I beat the snot out of that kid,and end up in trouble with the school and my parents had to go in to the school and the other kid parents.After the kid admitted what he had done,my father spoke up and said GLAD you got what was coming to you.And looked at the administrator and said ARE WE DONE HERE and took me and my brother and left.Never had an issue with that kid again.
My father told me he was proud I was standing up for my brother who couldn't do so himself and that I was still in trouble for fighting.I had no video games for that day hahahahahaha.

I'm all for beating someone down for picking on a little kid ... but we have a little thing called freedom of speech in this country. Just because you don't like it or you're offended doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Free speech carries consequences. But these are from society, not the courts.

Clearly not all but there are plenty of police officers out there that take themselves way, way too seriously and make it their mission to grind you to dust to smite you for not giving their authority it's proper due. There are plenty of officers out there that will even follow you around just looking for your to make any kind of mistake. There are a lot of really great officers too .... but you shouldn't pretend that the profession isn't like flytape for people that want to lord over people.

I REALLY hate to interject here, but you are condensing several elements to fit this discussion. Every offense committed is not an arrest-able offense. The urban legend of the P.O.P. (pi$$ing off police) charge is highly exaggerated. If you have handed an LEO your drivers license that is the extent of you required action save signing the citation. Give him a hard time, as him where the closest Dunkin Donuts is, flip him off... These have all been declared by the higher courts as free expression/ speech. Tag light alone is not an are stable offense at face value, and should an officer do so the ramifications on their career would be substantial.

Refuse to present your license, refuse to sign the ticket, or have non-compact DL (States that do not have an agreement with the State of Georgia), and then you MIGHT go to jail and in those cases it's usually only to post cash bond. I personally found humor in it, rolled with the insults and told them to "press hard there's 5 copies".

Clearly not all but there are plenty of police officers out there that take themselves way, way too seriously and make it their mission to grind you to dust to smite you for not giving their authority it's proper due.

Like an old war horse told me when I graduated the police academy.

"Congratulations, you now have something that means everything to no one". Took a while to sink in but honestly he was spot on.

I don't know the little girl, but she just might be a turd.

I've known handicapped people that were ass holes.
I guess they thought the fact that they were handicapped, gave them the right to be a turd.

Just because someone is handicapped, doesn't mean regardless of their personality, you have to be nice and not offend them.

If the girl didn't have CP, but had stepped on a nail the day before, (hence the limp) would the man have been arrested for making fun of her?

I love a police state.

Viva La Revolution
Team Snake

That does happen. My uncle johnny had polio. He was actually the first march of dimes poster child. Well anyway, my dad told me stories of how he had to defend my uncle because he would talk trash to anybody and everybody even though he was in a wheelchair. While he is not in a wheelchair anymore, he is still the same prick he was back then.

Back
Top Bottom