• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay I want a MAC again

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
I don't know why In sold my Mac-11, It was difficult to aim, bumpfired too easily, destroyed brass, but I really loved it, and just holding it while watching cop shows made me feel like a gang banger.

So I want one again but I'm a bit lost as to which one.

I definitely need it to have standard threading(not just the barrel shroud giant threading), And while the top cocking is just too cool I think a side cocker is in order so I can mount an optic easier.

That said, it will be suppressed and I think I have 3-5 good choices from the MPA series, also I may choose to SBR it later with a folding stock, so opinions if I should start life as a rifle or pistol is valued, (macs easily swap uppers, but I'm not sure how easy installing the folding stock is). So what is the most attractive package to yall?

Choice 1: MAC 9mm fullsize
B11599b.jpg
Threaded for the barrel shroud, so I'll have to replace the barrel or upper entirely Which may lend itself to me just starting life as a rifle(seen below) and buying the pistol upper when I have my tax stamp back, plus the 9mm likes long barrels. My Osprey 45 would sit on this.
B12549c.jpg

Choice 2: MAC 5.7
V5869e.jpg
Threaded in 1/2 x28 so its ready to have my SS Sparrow attached, takes FN FiveseveN magazines to I can have pretty good capacity, would eventually get the folding stock for it. I suppose my Osprey could also go on here, but the Sparrow is perfect for this application.

Choice 3: MAC 45
IMG_0774_new.jpg

It's big, It's chunky, But hot dern its a 45 and I have fallen back in love with the 45 round recently and 30 rounds of it sounds fun. That said I would need to get the barrel threaded, I'm not even considering the rifle on this, the 45 does not lend itself to long barrels. Of course my 45 Osprey would feel quite at home on this one.

Choice 4: MAC 22 "the MAC-Lite"
MPA22T-1-large.jpg
It's doesn't share alot of similarities with the other MAC's but its a 22, its threaded for my Sparrow, and one can never have enough 22's. That said It wont have the awesome bump fire ability MAC's are known for with their triggers, it wont have the easy ability to add an optic, and it won't have that large caliber attraction. I would not SBR this one, my Sparrow would spend time on this one. I need to know more about the reliability of this gun and magazines. Apparently this has a pleasant 3.3lbs trigger pull.

Choice 5: MiniMAC 9mm
mpa930sst.jpg
It is the smallest choice which would make a cool PDW, it comes threaded 1/2x28 already, it doesn't have that room for second hand placement though, and it's looks are different than the classic Compton Choppa.

Last edited:
I have had the same feeling since I sold mine. I'm probably going with the same model I had MPA30SST but in .45 (MPA10SST). I am eyeing that 5.7 version too. I doubt I'll pick up a carbine version.

If I had it to do over again, I'd definitely get the side cock version- while the sights are nearly impossible to use, they do a great job of shreading your wrist if your fingers slip off the tiny little top cocking handle.

ETA: I take that back- I had a Cobray M9/11... it had the two prong metal rear sight- I see these MACs are rounded... huge design improvement.

Get the 9mm carbine . You can do a stock adapter and have a folding AR style stock. It takes 30 seconds to swap the upper.
The side cocker is the way to go you will need to mount an optic if you do the standard AR stock adapter because it sits too high for the iron sights. MPAs are the best Quality IMO and they are here in GA.

Personally I think id skip a MAC, and just get an Uzi if I wanted a bullet hose

The price difference is what kills that. Not to mention MPA is a Georgia company and I love supporting good local companies. The MPAs have a ton of aftermarket accessories too so to me this is 6 in on and a half dozen in the other.

I think bump firing is pointless, I feel as if you are going to try and imitate full auto fire, spend the money and actually buy something that is intended to fire full auto. That way there is no worry if it has a stock or how short the barrel is. If you are going to wait 6 months, you might as well wait for something that trumps an SBR..

Back
Top Bottom