• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay I want a MAC again

Why not go for a real Powder Springs MAC? I have had my MAC 10 for over 40 years and have fired thousands of rounds of 45acp thru it FA and never had a problem. You can pick them up for around 3,500 and you will have a piece of Georgia history as well as a great toy.

I had the chance to fire a real Mac 10 with suppressor a long time ago. Will never forget it.

.45acp, because none of the other choices come close. But you have to get the can that is like a foot and a half long so you can use it as your foregrip.

I think bump firing is pointless, I feel as if you are going to try and imitate full auto fire, spend the money and actually buy something that is intended to fire full auto. That way there is no worry if it has a stock or how short the barrel is. If you are going to wait 6 months, you might as well wait for something that trumps an SBR..

You must be pretty wealthy... And why would barrel length or a stock have anything to do with bump firing?

Last edited:
You must be pretty wealthy... And why would barrel length or a stock have anything to do with bump firing?

Im not wealthy. He said that he would want to put a stock on it, but to get the stock he has to buy the rifle with the long barrel, but if he buys the pistol version with the short barrel then theres no stock. But the rifle for the stock and 200 later and 6 months he can swap for a short barrel. Buy the pistol and 6 months later and 200 he can have the stock. Buy the machine gun to start with pay 200 bucks, wait 6 months, put whatever stock and whatever length barrel on it and not worry about bump firing.

Except for the cost and availability issues with 5.7 ammo I think I would go that rout. Strong round low recoil less climb and flip does very well with rapid fire. Oh yes and then there is the muzzle flash.

Seems like a lot more cash involved in your scenario. There is nothing wrong with picking up a $400 gun and putting 200 towards a stamp and waiting to use the stock. You can still bump it until the stamp comes back then bump it with the stock. He already has a suppressor for it so bumping will be a stupid easy anyway. Your version suggest he is better off buying a 3-5k gun (assuming he can find one) and waiting 6 months to shoot it.

:shrug: It seems like a no brainer to me.

Don't think that comes in a Mac... And if it did I bet it would be a real jam meister.... I have 2 .22 mag and love em but they are a good bit slower than 5.7 and rim fire slim cartridges that take significant engineering to feed well in simiauto (pmr 30). But bottom line... Lax is looking for a MAC

this in response to b.a.

Seems like a lot more cash involved in your scenario. There is nothing wrong with picking up a $400 gun and putting 200 towards a stamp and waiting to use the stock. You can still bump it until the stamp comes back then bump it with the stock. He already has a suppressor for it so bumping will be a stupid easy anyway. Your version suggest he is better off buying a 3-5k gun (assuming he can find one) and waiting 6 months to shoot it.

:shrug: It seems like a no brainer to me.

You are correct, my suggestion is the more costly suggestion. Ive just never been a fan of the Mac's I like the feel of an Uzi better and I feel as if its a better weapon than the Mac.

I know that I dont agree with a lot of people on this board. I know that a lot of people dont agree with me and my thoughts. It is my opinion and only my opinion I was just throwing it out there.

Back
Top Bottom