• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gran torino

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
230   0
Reaction score
Most of my time on ODT is spent buying, selling and trading. Last few days I have been reading more threads not in the classified section. Seems like lots of chatter about ODT sellers asking too much money for their product and trying to "rip-off" other ODTers.

Has this actually happened? Can anyone share their story about how they overpaid for a product and got ripped off by another ODT member? Please share.......

In a free market, the sale of a product can only happen when a buyer willingly agrees to buy and a seller willingly agrees to sell at a mutually agreed price and terms. Based on that logic, I can not understand the amount of concern I am hearing and seeing about ODTers potentially getting ripped off.

I believe the purchase side of my transaction sheet is longer than the selling side here on the ODT and I can say with certainty, I have not been ripped off or taken advantage of by any seller here on ODT. Heck, I even bought a used Glock at $650 last week from a ODT member and he was a fantastic gentleman and I feel very good about the purchase.

Flame me if you want...... I just don't think the general ODT member is stupid enough to allow themselves to get taken advantage of.

God Speed......

This is truth. On the same token, if we all collectively chose not to purchase at those prices, the sellers would be motivated to ask something more within reason (a.k.a the price glocks have been going for for a long time before this current craze.)

There are a preponderance of for sale threads where the seller is Misrepresenting the value or retail cost of the items. I commented on that on a few and my posts were deleted. Its outright Lying and could be considered Theft by Deception.
If you say, I paid $400 for my Shield but want $600, fine. If you say it goes for $600 and youll take $550, youre a thief.
We have one seller on here in particular, who I think is moving a ton of ammo/mags but not alot of firearms, but has a TON of BRAND NEW firearms, all stupidly overpriced and many misrepresented. Pretty sure the ATF is gonna catch him soon enough for unlicensed dealing tho.

1000 dollar Glocks, of course your getting hosed if you throw down that much for that. 900 dollar ak 47, not a good deal. I doubt anyone that has payed panic prices is going to step forward and say "I was dumb" and payed x amount of dollars for this.

Who knows, I would love to hear it.

My beef is not with pricing - people can ask/pay what they want. My beef is with people who buy multiple guns they have no intention of keeping. They are buying them for the express purpose of selling them here (or Armslist or Gunbroker) for a profit. They are not dealers, but they play one on the internet. They don't play by dealer rules. They don't pay dealer fees. Personally, I think they lack character, are irresponsible, and I won't knowingly buy from such a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom