• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old 8

ckhunter44

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
B8E7FD5D-1849-4783-AFA5-24CC59C123C0.jpeg
Had cams out all year and this is the only time I’ve had this old man show up. Any guesses on age ? He looks like he’s been eating good .

I’m gonna say about 20”. His ears are at least 16” from tip to tip. That buck is a stud. It should be encouraging that he has shown up there at this time of year. That probably means that he has returned to his core area now that the rut is over.

Definitely mature deer I’d guess 18-20 spread you not gonna get a high score being a 8 and short tines.but he’s definitely a shooter.

He’s a mature Buck. Really great shape for having pushed it in the rut. Muscles, ripples, and brisket.
I hope you see him in the next month!

Great old buck. The deer in general seem to be in great condition this year. The one I shot was very fat. When I picked him up at the processor they had an old buck on the scales that weighed 185, a big deer for NW GA. This at a time in his life and a time of the year he should have been in very poor condition. I think the combination of population levels, wet summer with excellent forb growth and extremely good mast crop has been a real sweet spot for deer nutrition this year. There will be a number of bucks that overwinter this year that would not in normal years. Next year will be the year of the monster buck, IMO.