• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Old NFA public notice

I've actually seen a guy who put tires together on his range(imagine it as a tunnel of tires) and it was fairly effective at keeping the noise localized on the range. It was quiet from his front porch.

That's quite interesting. I wonder why suppressor companies use latches that lock on threaded barrels. I hate having to constantly make sure its not unscrewing itself.

That's quite interesting. I wonder why suppressor companies use latches that lock on threaded barrels. I hate having to constantly make sure its not unscrewing itself.

I mean how does one latch to a smooth circular surface while still being flat on the shoulder? QD mounts essentially do that. Metric threading supposedly stays tight since the rifling pushes it in the direction that tightens it. Three lug mounts are supposedly pretty good to.

Well maybe a little notch could be put in at the beginning of the barrel so when suppressor is screw all the way on, it can latch onto the barrel. Kind of like the AAC QD. New suppressors could have a latch and barrel threading companies can start putting something so when the suppressor threads on, it can lock on.

Back
Top Bottom