• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oldsmobile Crap

I'll check with them, from what I know of the 500's they don't like high r's. That's no bueno in a jet boat, plus the mounts would be different
yea, you would need a rev limiter for sure... he has a bunch of older stuff, kind f their thing... fun yard to walk as well. as far as i remember the bpo's and caddys all have the same mounts and outside dimensions. remember all the blocks are the same size. thats how they snuck the big motor in the first gto's. that 500 dropped right into place in the regal, and they tranny bolted up as well.
been years since the hotrod days

You will love the LS

We put one in my sons 76 K-10 Chevy and it easily has twice the power of the 350 that was in it
And the LS we got was totally stock with 260k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will love the LS

We put one in my sons 76 K-10 Chevy and it easily has twice the power of the 350 that was in it
And the LS we got was totally stock with 260k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 130k mile 6.0 in my drag car now and it's definitely a power house.

Thanks for the input everybody, I'm just going to proceed with the Ls swap. The Oldsmobile stuff is just too scarce, and I tend to blow it up every couple of years lol.

If you need some help hit me up. I've got a little experience with them...and Goza, though an old codger, has done a fantastic job machining my LS stuff. Big plus that he's in Acworth close to us and he's willing to barter labor for guns and such. Here's the last one I built for a buddy in D'Ville, didn't dyno it but it moves that 6000+ lb heap around pretty well on 35's.

Battlesausage I've heard the same thing about Goza doing good work, but dang he's high on his prices. He wanted $50 for some head dowels that I got for $.99 on the interweb. I didn't know he would barter, I'll keep that in mind for future builds. I am in search of a 5.3 or 6.0, and also some 243/799 heads if possible.

Battlesausage I've heard the same thing about Goza doing good work, but dang he's high on his prices. He wanted $50 for some head dowels that I got for $.99 on the interweb. I didn't know he would barter, I'll keep that in mind for future builds. I am in search of a 5.3 or 6.0, and also some 243/799 heads if possible.

He was high for some aspects, but I've never had to have any work performed by him redone and he's saved me money in other areas by keeping me from wasting money on inconsequential areas. I respect his opinions on most anything GM, may just go in and get him to work up a quote and if you have something you'd want to barter for throw that in the mix. I've also had Dillard at ProLine do a couple of builds, both mod motor though but they can handle anything. Pricing was in line but I'll tell ya, it keeps going up for good machine work.

As far as your block search, which do you want and what are your goals? Power output, max sustained rpm, solid or hydraulic roller, N/A or boost, etc? The one you hear running above was purchased from Crest in Cartersville believe it or not for $150 as a burned longblock core. I bought 2 L33's same way, even picked one up on here for free, then cleaned and flipped them after taking what I wanted. Might give them a try and see what they have. I'll help any way I can, drink a beer and discuss even.​

He was high for some aspects, but I've never had to have any work performed by him redone and he's saved me money in other areas by keeping me from wasting money on inconsequential areas. I respect his opinions on most anything GM, may just go in and get him to work up a quote and if you have something you'd want to barter for throw that in the mix. I've also had Dillard at ProLine do a couple of builds, both mod motor though but they can handle anything. Pricing was in line but I'll tell ya, it keeps going up for good machine work.

As far as your block search, which do you want and what are your goals? Power output, max sustained rpm, solid or hydraulic roller, N/A or boost, etc? The one you hear running above was purchased from Crest in Cartersville believe it or not for $150 as a burned longblock core. I bought 2 L33's same way, even picked one up on here for free, then cleaned and flipped them after taking what I wanted. Might give them a try and see what they have. I'll help any way I can, drink a beer and discuss even.​

Agreed on the machine shops.

As far as the build for my jet boat I'll probably just get a mid to high mileage 5.3 and do a low to mid range power cam swap. Nothing too crazy, and I'm trying to finish up my 6.0 swap into a 99 mustang currently, which is a maximum effort setup. Kinda hard to balance the hot rod funds between the two lol. I'll hit you up about the beer drinking and hot rod chat for sure lol.

Back
Top Bottom