• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Omg y'all have got to try this!

Mac's or any original brand pork rinds aka (meat skins) to us redneck country folk and dip them in tostito's cheese dip, its awesome. i know it sounds gross but its damn good!
And then deep fry it in bacon fat (or lard)! Now you're eatin'!
(Make sure your will is up to date).

I've been to about a half dozen real sure 'nuff old fashioned hog killings where they rendered the lard. The "skins" are boiled in water to cook off the lard, which cooks the skins, then the skins are strained out, left to dry and cool off a bit, and then put back in the hot lard, which fries them and makes them pop.

Talk about good and greasy - :hungry:

I've been to about a half dozen real sure 'nuff old fashioned hog killings where they rendered the lard. The "skins" are boiled in water to cook off the lard, which cooks the skins, then the skins are strained out, left to dry and cool off a bit, and then put back in the hot lard, which fries them and makes them pop.

Talk about good and greasy - :hungry:
I've had real skins from Fincher's BBQ in south Macon a few times. I don't think my teeth are up for it anymore. Hell, I don't think my dog's teeth are up to it anymore.

I've had real skins from Fincher's BBQ in south Macon a few times. I don't think my teeth are up for it anymore. Hell, I don't think my dog's teeth are up to it anymore.
My father knew how to do it. He would take the skin from any ham my mother cook, and make little cubes of it, and fry up some "skins". I can't handle those any more myself. $3000 crowns say "are you sure you want to do this?"

Y'all keep talking, I'm heading for an after dinner snack.

1681001682178.png

Back
Top Bottom