• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On the cheap.. Lee Loader 38sp 357mag . Have you used one?

Would you use a LEE LOADER FOR REVOLVERS?

• NO! Not enough gadgets, widgets, and shiny stuff.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Heck yeah for 35 bucks?

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I'll load yo mamma and get me a beer pilgrim.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does it load tacos too?

• Dang your po.

• Total voters
I agree with BIKER13 BIKER13 - good for a back up. I have quite a few from my father . He had a bunch of them in different calibers, among his stuff from the old days. So I just stuck them in the back of a closet among other stuff I will probably never use but keep for just in case. I’m not sure how many I have but there are a bunch in the popular calibers for pistol rounds. Probably 10 ??

I agree with BIKER13 BIKER13 - good for a back up. I have quite a few from my father . He had a bunch of them in different calibers, among his stuff from the old days. So I just stuck them in the back of a closet among other stuff I will probably never use but keep for just in case. I’m not sure how many I have but there are a bunch in the popular calibers for pistol rounds. Probably 10 ??
I bet yo dad had a good time with those old rap n tap loaders 👍🇺🇸👍

I bet yo dad had a good time with those old rap n tap loaders 👍🇺🇸👍
Oh hell yeah I do too ! I never saw him use them of course…. I remember loading with him even from my childhood ! Lol….he was always loading, shooting, working or sitting in his chair working a crossword while watching the news !

Started reloading with a Lee loader in 38/357 in 1975. in an absolute emergency they work but sure are slow. I Like the Dillon or even a single stage press much better for production but you sacrifice price and of course, portability. If you are going to transport components, though, probably easier to just stock up more on ammo, IMO,

Lee dies are great budget dies. I still use them for 9mm on a 750XL, and aside from replacing bent depriming pins (2 I think), they easily have 20k rounds on them, no problem at all.

The Lee presses are absolute dog **** though. If you go single stage, just get a Hornady. If you go progressive, just go Dillon. A Lee Pro 1000 was my first press, and man that think made me almost stop reloading. Luckily I was broke, and in undergrad, so I powered through that crap press, and love reloading now. Made me REALLY APPRECIATE a Dillon.

The Lee presses are absolute dog **** though. If you go single stage, just get a Hornady. If you go progressive, just go Dillon. A Lee Pro 1000 was my first press, and man that think made me almost stop reloading. Luckily I was broke, and in undergrad, so I powered through that crap press, and love reloading now. Made me REALLY APPRECIATE a Dillon.

Wrong.

You can't get a better blend of versatility and speed than the Lee Classic Turret Press. It will load 200 rounds an hour. And you can change to a different caliber, including changing primer size, in about 1 minute, if you're moving slow. Or a minute to convert it from automated to single stage, again, moving slow.

NOTHING else on the market can do that. And it will do 25acp all the way to large, magnum rifle cartridges. And it's well made, really solid. For about 150 bucks.

Yes, some of the Lee presses are fiddly. Very fiddly. The Lee Pro 1000 is such a press.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Back
Top Bottom