Once a SBR, always a rifle?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
Or is it different? Pistol being form 1 into a SBR. Can the user revert back to pistol if he cancels the form 1 or he has to make it a rifle?

Good question. To get a true answer i would write to the atf on this one.

You call about that m4?

There a sticky on the nfa forum about this. If it starts as a pistol you can go back and forth as much as you please.

Did reading heres a quote. I agree with the pistol back to pistol statement. It all depends what it staryed life as.
That only refers to First Build. If the first build is a rifle, then it is a rifle, end of story. The ATF has said that once a rifle (first build) it is always a rifle and the only way to make a rifle into a "pistol" is to SBR it. If, however, the first build is a pistol then the lower is a pistol from that point on, regardless of what upper is attached to it. According to the TC Contender court ruling a pistol can be made into a rifle configuration (16 inch or longer barrel and stock with an OAL of 26 inches or more) and back again into pistol configuration (pretty much any barrel you want but NO stock) as much as you want so long as the rifle stock is not on the the frame the same time the pistol barrel is on there.

Good question. To get a true answer i would write to the atf on this one.

You call about that m4?

Not yet... I been busy at work. I will get one tho! I'm waiting a couple more weeks with my dealer and maybe they will get one in soon!

Back
Top Bottom