• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One lifeboat deployed, captain was on it

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
The South Korean Ferry that capsized this morning had 46 lifeboats and 450 people onboard. 200+ were highschool students heading to an Island Resort. The reports are saying:

• The captain told everyone to stay in their rooms
  • Thirty minutes after the ship started leaning they lowered the first lifeboat
  • The captain was in that lifeboat
  • Hundreds are still missing.

http://www.newser.com/story/185496/just-one-lifeboat-deployed-in-ferry-sinking-report.html

Wow...unbeleivably cowardly and horrific. That "captain" needs to be sunk to the bottom of the Pacific in a capsule that allows enough air for a few weeks with no food or water or anything he could kill himself with. I'm sorry if that's harsh but what he did is inexcusable

Wow...unbeleivably cowardly and horrific. That "captain" needs to be sunk to the bottom of the Pacific in a capsule that allows enough air for a few weeks with no food or water or anything he could kill himself with. I'm sorry if that's harsh but what he did is inexcusable

Or just toss him over the border to the North.

• The captain told everyone to stay in their rooms (thus ensuring an available seat on a lifeboat)
  • Thirty minutes after the ship started leaning they lowered the first lifeboat (giving everyone time to calm down and not rush the boats)
  • The captain was in that lifeboat (see note on the first bullet point)
  • Hundreds are still missing. (but the Captain made it home safely and isn't that the most important thing?)

What was the Captain's name? [video=youtube_share;GuP9YClyPRY]http://youtu.be/GuP9YClyPRY?t=1m20s[/video]

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom