• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One more dumb question.

Statistically, most police shootings happen either at night or in a diminished light situation like a dark warehouse or basement. It's stands to reason that a self defense gun may be used in the same scenario. Are you more likely to encounter an intruder in your home during the daylight hours at night?

I like night sights just in case they are ever needed.

I got a M&P 9 full size with night sites. But they were on it when I bought it from a good ODT member. That one is with me when I am in the bed.
None of my other handguns have them. Like @biker_bill , I have a blinding spot light on a 12 ga that will ruin an intruders plans.

MOST OF US OLDER PEOPLE DON'T STAY OUT AFTER DARK CAUSE WE CAN'T SEE TO DRIVE HOME. SO REALLY DON'T HAVE A NEED FOR NITE SITES WHEN WE'RE SHOOTING AT 5 FT.LOL
Let me edit this for you:

MOST OF US OLDER WHITE PEOPLE DON'T STAY OUT AFTER DARK CAUSE WE CAN'T SEE TO DRIVE HOME A REASON TO. SO REALLY DON'T HAVE A NEED FOR NITE SITES WHEN WE'RE SHOOTING AT 5 FT.LOL

Nite sights are great, they just aren't bright enough to light up the TARGET . . . . . !

Now, when do we get glow in the dark bad guys . . . . ?
What was that William Prescott said at the Battle of Bunker Hill?

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!"

Takes on a whole new meaning in today's Urban Warfare!

I see a lot of guns being sold that the guy spent bucu bucks on night sites. Now half the guys can not hit the broad side of a barn in the day light. And 99.9% never shoot a night. So what is with the night site thing. Or do they think they will get into a gun fight at night and pray the sites will see the target. Just wondering.

Hard to pick up the sight picture on a cat if they aren't night sights.

Back
Top Bottom