• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Online gun stores and prices

As said up above, give the local guys first shot. Since taxes come into play you aren’t saving much online. The online guys are simply storefronts that sell from the dealers warehouses with no overhead. It’s how they have figured out the best way to screw the local gun shops out of business. The firearms business has no morals. Buy local.

As said up above, give the local guys first shot. Since taxes come into play you aren’t saving much online. The online guys are simply storefronts that sell from the dealers warehouses with no overhead. It’s how they have figured out the best way to screw the local gun shops out of business. The firearms business has no morals. Buy local.

Its the Amazon conundrum.

Why buy local when "it costs more"? Completely willfully ignoring the fact that you are supporting local businesses. Not only the LGS but all the other stores and businesses that are visited by the employees of the LGS with their money they get from having a job because you were willing to pay $50 more for that pistol, rifle, shotgun.

If you want to boycott a local gunstore, don't buy guns at the big box stores; Academy, Bass Pro/Cabela, Gander Mtn, etc.. But you're still screwing over the local employees....

Why buy local when "it costs more"? Completely willfully ignoring the fact that you are supporting local businesses. Not only the LGS but all the other stores and businesses that are visited by the employees of the LGS with their money they get from having a job because you were willing to pay $50 more for that pistol, rifle, shotgun.

If you want to boycott a local gunstore, don't buy guns at the big box stores; Academy, Bass Pro/Cabela, Gander Mtn, etc.. But you're still screwing over the local employees....
why wouldn't I want to get the best deal possible for me? the owner of the LGS is certainly going to look to get the best deal for himself in any purchase or sale he makes.

why wouldn't I want to get the best deal possible for me? the owner of the LGS is certainly going to look to get the best deal for himself in any purchase or sale he makes.
I agree.

I look out for me, the LGS can look out for them.

The LGS that figure out that the best way to look out for themselves is to look out for me are the stores that survive.

The store is screwing their own employees over by doing **** like pricing a Smith and Wesson Shield for $575.

I tend to use Buds as a baseline for what most stores will charge if they do a decent job of discounting. They aren't usually the cheapest (offline or online) but they are almost always a 'reasonable' price.

For consistently low online prices I'd say KY Gun Company is one of the best. Sportsmans Warehouse and CDNN usually have good prices too, especially on closeouts or overstocks.

I've bought half of my (brand new) guns at retail from local dealers, and the other half I had shipped to a local dealer who agreed to receive it for a very low-cost or free. And I placed the order for the firearm through some national jobber or distributor.

(Back in my day they were places like Southern Ohio Gun, J&G Sales out of Prescott Arizona, and Birmingham Pistol Wholesale.)

-It's legitimate to support a local gun shop for a few reasons.

One, they serve as a "showroom" where are you get to handle things so you know whether you like them enough to really buy one of those. Hands-on comparing and contrasting various models.

Two, they can answer your questions better than either a shipping clerk or phone-answering secretary at a nationwide internet based dealer. And better than the 22 year old dude working at the sporting goods counter of the big box store.

Three, a local gun shop can be (emphasis on "can" not "is") a rally point for political activism for gun rights. The LGS can put up posters for upcoming demonstrations and marches. They can hand out promotional literature from local grassroots gun rights organizations such as GeorgiaCarry.org or the Georgia Sport Shooting Association.
They can also publicize and promote upcoming training clinics, shooting matches, and other things related to the shooting sports or tactical / defense use of guns.

Back
Top Bottom