• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Only 2 weeks to Clinton Run & Gun

My only advice would be to stay lean, based on the RBGC 5k run and gun. They were some crawling through rope/string/spider web type stuff and a low crawl. You can keep a few mags on you and extras mags or loose rounds to top off mags in your pack.

IIRC the guy that won that event, used like 3 of each rifle/pistol and just topped off from his sling pack while moving between stages. Him being a good runner and shooter also helped, but I always try to learn from others. Just don't leave a trail of AK rounds to tease me like bulletpaluza bulletpaluza lol.

Those were bread crumbs brother I was showing you the way.

20180708_191557.jpg

Is the AK hiding in the grass or are you really running an AR10? =)

Lol FTFY........ need something I could put optics on that could get consistent hits out to 600 yards with for these events. So I went with the savage MSR10. But if it makes you feel better I did have my AK slung on my back when I took this haha.

Let's keep this thread up to date. I want to see some pics of your setups, info on how your training is going.

I just back from the gym running in my full rig mags loaded and all (minus firearms) didnmy 3k(3.1miles) in 31:37 And my 4 mile time was 42:15 I have 4 more runs in this setup before the big day!

Let's keep this thread up to date. I want to see some pics of your setups, info on how your training is going.

I just back from the gym running in my full rig mags loaded and all (minus firearms) didnmy 3k(3.1miles) in 31:37 And my 4 mile time was 42:15 I have 4 more runs in this setup before the big day!

Are you running on a treadmill or the actual road?

I got some 511 pants, can’t remember which ones, but I had no issues on an 8 mile run wearing them. Hardly noticed.

For socks, I’d skip the wool. I’m a huge fan of the swiftwicks. I’ve used them for obstacle course races, trail 1/2 marathons and marathon. Been completely submerged and soaked wading through swamps, mud, rivers, etc... and still had to run miles more. Never a failure and 0 blisters ever. Most popular sock for ocrs for a reason.

Trail running shoes would be best. However, I’ve ran the above races in mizuno wave riders (road shoe) and done well. Run in whatever you train in. I will say if it’s raining or super muddy, you won’t be running much anyways if it’s slick. Then I’d say whatever you can walk in and not bust your butt with every step. I recall doing a super spartan 11 mile ocr on super wet red clay. You struggled every step. It was worse than walking on ice. Worst race of my life. Tons of people hauled out on stretchers that day. Took 4.5hrs to complete.

Really were only dealing with right at 5 miles for the 8k. You can tough it out in just about anything at that distance. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom