• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oops I did it again.....

Edog537

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
111   0
Reaction score
Late season sucess continues. Douglas County at my hunting buddie's mom's place. We always wait till the end to cull out does. Gun was CVA Sout V2 300 Blk w/ Redfield Revolution/Accurange Reticle. Load was 110 gr Barnes TAC-X. Time was 0735.
Doe #1 took a double lung w/pass through and went 70 yards
IMG_7461.jpg

Doe #2 was shot immediatley after #1 and took a double lung shot. Bled like a fire hydrant for 250 yards and piled up.
IMG_7374.jpg

More goood eating for me! Got 1.5 days left to break in a new .243
Hope everyone else is having some luck this weekend!

Love that CVA....Thought it was a muzzle loader at first glance!

edit: SO glad you added specs and details to this hunt.

Always try to add info. These CVA rifles are the bees knees. I consider them the gun H&R should have been. And dont tell the TC guys but these cost less and are much more accurate and have awesome triggers out of the box.

Always try to add info. These CVA rifles are the bees knees. I consider them the gun H&R should have been. And dont tell the TC guys but these cost less and are much more accurate and have awesome triggers out of the box.
Congrats on the harvest! Might have to give one of those CVA's a try!

Nicely done! Just curious, what range were your shots? I hunt with a 300 BO on occasion using Barnes 110 blacktips, but I have yet to harvest an animal with it. Thx.

Range was about 60 yards on both shots. The second doe I am sure was pumped full of adrenaline. She went 250 yards with no lungs.

Back
Top Bottom