• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is hunting as popular as it once was?

clisbyclark

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
seems like it's not near as popular as it was back in my youth. Tried to do a quick search for year over year numbers but didn't find much. What do you think?

I would say yes. Go to our local high school and camo might as well be a school color. My son and his friends will strike out squirrel hunting in a heartbeat. Drive through any small town Saturday at lunch and there are as many Florida tags as there are Georgia.

Just going by what I see in my area id say probably not as popular. Theres still plenty that hunt but many now are only qdm minded. Nothing wrong if that’s what you want but when I started in early 70s everyone was just happy taking a deer. I have many nice ones and still like taking a good buck but I can also enjoy just taking a deer at times.

I've never gone hunting. My brother and his in-laws are out there every season. So I think it is.

No. Cost is way up and land is hard to find.
This here is a fact! Just my opinion. Lack of huntable land and Cost of equipment I believe plays a major roll in the decline. Well that along with government aide such as food stamps etc. Man doesn't have to no longer work as hard for the next meal or see to it meat is in the freezer. Put all that on top of the know how that was unfortunately not passed down. It can be disheartening and a humbling experience learning to hunt. It's hard work to be successful. Most will quit. I believe you have a great decline. they have seen to it it stays a sport.

Back
Top Bottom