Open carry, what a great idea....NOT

Ok, let's do a scenario:

Little Djanwana (who really is a good lad but has fallen in with a bad crowd, according to his mom) walks into a store with a gun intending to rob all. He sees 6 people in line at the counter, one who is open carrying a holstered firearm. Of the other 5 in line, 2 are carry concealed. Which person in line is Djanwana going to focus his attention on and possibly just cap him (yes, all 6 are males) BEFORE he realizes that the robbery is going down?

Ok, let's do a scenario:

Little Djanwana (who really is a good lad but has fallen in with a bad crowd, according to his mom) walks into a store with a gun intending to rob all. He sees 6 people in line at the counter, one who is open carrying a holstered firearm. Of the other 5 in line, 2 are carry concealed. Which person in line is Djanwana going to focus his attention on and possibly just cap him (yes, all 6 are males) BEFORE he realizes that the robbery is going down?
Dam, I hate math word problems…3?…1?…

So that excuses all the rape, robbery and murder? Do you realize how stupid you come across by splitting hairs on such a serious subject? "Um while actually xir, its socieo econonic factors that led to your daughter being raped, then set on fire ad beaten with a sledge hammer"
With all do respect, I don't believe I'm the one coming across stupid. I believe you misread or misunderstood what I said. We're saying the same thing. I'm in agreement with your statement. The point I was making is that of that 13% the majority of that 52% violent crime is carried out by males aged 18-33. So that makes the 13% even more alarming because it's actually more like 2% that account for 52%.

Law enforcement open carry every day and I am sure you have stood behind them in line at a gas station or fast food restaurant why doesn’t this happen to them?

1) They use a quality holster with multiple retentions built in. The Walmart holsters I’ve seen are embarrassing and I’ve had times it was hard for me to not want to snatch a gun just to say wtf are you thinking.

2) Situational Awareness. Concealed carry or Open carry you should have a bubble and if someone gets too close don’t be afraid to verbally let them know to take a step back.

Open carry may make you the target or it could be a deterrent that’s a whole different debate but if I have a strong enough feeling I may have a reason to deploy my firearm I would always choose open carry personally.
2) Situational Awareness. Concealed carry or Open carry you should have a bubble and if someone gets too close don’t be afraid to verbally let them know to take a step back.

Dude that bubble comment is KEY. Learning to use your voice is more important than firearms selection I'd say.

I would not recommend open carry unless its a full bore riot situation where law enforcement has broken down, for example Rodney King, Katrina.

Even then only with a group of 4 or more would open carry even work out.

Its a display of force mission. I think its a bad idea even then, b/c civilians see it and get PTSD/get scared more than they already are.

Ok, let's do a scenario:

Having dealt with several hundred Djanwanas over the last 5 decades or so, the idea of Djanwana having any sort of situational awareness is a myth. Djanwana is not part of an Oceans 11 gang, Djanwana is mostly likely feeling out of sorts coming down from whatever buzz he had, and all his focus in getting cash to buy more, and getting as soon as possible.

I could do a search and come up with dozens of stories of Djawana trying to hold up a cop bar at happy hour.

If Djanwana sees six people in line, he's going to go sit in the parking lot, and he can slip in and hit the place all alone.

I'm not a big fan of open carry, but at the end of the day, the idea that it makes you a "target" attributes entirely too much intelligence to the perpetrators.

87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

Back
Top Bottom