• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Great coffee.

For most of my life I've been a pretty basic coffee drinker. Folgers and Maxwell House. Whatever the Mess Sergeant saw fit to put in the pot and restaurant coffee. I've recently started to look for better stuff and I think I hit paydirt. Gevalia is simply next level good stuff. The stronger, the better.

What's the brand that wakes you up in the morning?
Hey Bear!

As you can see, getting into coffee isn't much different than scotch or wine. There are a LOT of good coffee producers and some really great ones too. If you're in Sandy Springs, there is a shop called Summit Coffee on Roswell Rd not too far from you.

I am a total coffee snob and travel around Atlanta every day. This place has superb coffee beans. The kilimanjaro is great and the Durato Bombe truly unique and amazing.

I'm not sure of many other roasters that are close to your area.
You can try:

Read book store in Vinnings. Their beans come from some hippies in Oregon.
Rev, Coffee in Smyrna - Excellent roasters and they sell to other shops locally like Crazy Love in Roswell
Java Vino in Va. Highlands downtown. - They import all of their beans direct from the farmers and roast onsite and have the best prices around. also sell to other local coffee shops like Choco-latte

In any case, you will want to get into a pourover or Frencpress and grind the beans as you go.

Let us know how it's going..

IMG_5092.jpeg

I prefer light roast, higher caffeine content. This am, I am drinking some freshly ground coffee from Uganda. When I first got into good coffees I started with Gevalia as well and have expanded my coffee drinking by leaps and bounds. I have a Moccamaster from Sweden that we brew in and use a burr grinder. We only buy whole bean coffee, usually single source.

Dumb French press question as I have never used - if you let the coffee steep for 4-7 minutes, doesn't that cool off the coffee? I ask this because I like my coffee hot and cool gradually as I am enjoying it not cooling as I am making it.

Dumb French press question as I have never used - if you let the coffee steep for 4-7 minutes, doesn't that cool off the coffee? I ask this because I like my coffee hot and cool gradually as I am enjoying it not cooling as I am making it.
I have 3 french presses. one insulated stainless and the other double wall glass. Last is a Jetboil titanium wrapped in insulation. all 3 keeps it piping hot!
far warmer than a mr coffee carafe.

Always loved a good coffee but after having "Americano Coffee" in Europe I had to have it

It's an Espresso, which is very intense with some water added

I bought this Breville and use Lavazza coffee. Heaven in a cup

laavazz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom