• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on Atlanta?

What is your opinion on the city of Atlanta and the in-town suburbs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
16 years. You in Kirkwood at one time?
You've been there just long enough to remember this. I never lived there, but I worked a few blocks away at the old Atlanta Gas Light building in Little five points. It was located at Moreland Avenue and Caroline Street - now the Edgewood shopping center (Lowes, Best Buy, Kroger).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

We used to live off of Deering between the Amtrak station and north side drive

Moved to Smyrna in 2000

No way would I move back Inside the perimeter

House in Smyrna was less
Money , twice the size , lot is 5 times the size , taxes are 1/4
Schools aren’t fantastic unless you compare them to city of Atlanta schools or Fulton county schools

No metal detectors at the schools in Smyrna

You've been there just long enough to remember this. I never lived there, but I worked a few blocks away at the old Atlanta Gas Light building in Little five points. It was located at Moreland Avenue and Caroline Street - now the Edgewood shopping center (Lowes, Best Buy, Kroger).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Oh yeah. I sat through many an NPU meeting with Sembler Properties (the developer) when they were asking what the neighborhood wanted to see developed at the site.

Oh yeah. I sat through many an NPU meeting with Sembler Properties (the developer) when they were asking what the neighborhood wanted to see developed at the site.

Me too

Sat thru several about the closing and redevelopment of Atlantic steel

Our biggest thing was no access from the new development to our neighborhood

Loring heights was cut off on two sides by the interstate ,only one road to Peachtree and on the third side by Atlantic steel and only two streets accessible to north side drive which was all commercial with fences

So for some unknown reason there was no white flight from that neighborhood

That’s why even in 1999 a 2 br house in loring was $140k and two blocks away on the other side of Atlantic steel a 2 br house was $30k with bars on the windows

Back
Top Bottom