Opinions on Nichiha siding?

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
based in Johns Creek GA.

25 year limited warranty.

We are under contract with on a house and it has new Nichiha siding, I've never heard of it and was wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

In for Info. Do you have photos? I’ve used it on commercial projects but never heard of it on a house.

Not that what I know amounts to a hill of beans.

Have it on my new home. Same builder used it on neighbors home, built four years ago. It's good stuff. Some feel it is slightly inferior to Hardy Plank. Others feel Nichiha does a better job of texturing the product to look like real wood. Bottom line, if properly installed and maintained, it should outlast you. You won't have to paint as often as wood or wood-content siding.

Put it on our house 8 years ago. Our house is 115 years old and we went with it because it looked more like wood than hardi. 8 years later we haven’t touched it and it still looks new.

Now the siding doctor who installed it on the other hand......

Built my new house last year and used it since it looks like real wood. Better looking than hardi have had no issues.

based in Johns Creek GA.

25 year limited warranty.

We are under contract with on a house and it has new Nichiha siding, I've never heard of it and was wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

Product is fine but be careful about price quotes. Tried to spec it commercially a while back and the quote we were provided was 1/2 to 1/3 low. Had to redesign using another system, costing lots of time and money.

Back
Top Bottom