• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on ODT10 and Coronavirus

How does everyone feel about things right now? Do you think June 13th will work out? Should we push to later in the year like Labor Day weekend? Or should I consider just pushing it until next year entirely?

Every option sucks, but I would really hate to have someone get sick and die from an event I had, and that's a pretty real consideration with how things are right now. Whatever I do I have to make the call at least 30-45 days out so I can have everything ordered and ready for the event. Just curious how everyone else feels about how things are right now. If I had to push it a year I would feel really silly considering I announced the thing over a year ago. :D
Had I made this very post, it would have been sent straight to the boiler room. I realize appreciate that you are the owner of the site, and can do what you want to, however, does this not fall under "politics and hot topics"? What gives?

giphy.gif

Life is always uncertain and even more so given recent events. All you can do is try to make a good decision based on what information we have to work with now.
Whatever the decision is it will upset half of the participants but such is life, some things are just beyond our control and you can't please everyone.

Had I made this very post, it would have been sent straight to the boiler room. I realize appreciate that you are the owner of the site, and can do what you want to, however, does this not fall under "politics and hot topics"? What gives?

How is discussing moving our event a hot topic?

I expect that there will be a spike in COVID cases if schools are opened in August. Not so much the kids getting sick but the bus drivers, parents, grandparents, etc...wherever they go for after school care. That being said...we may again see increased restrictions on gatherings for 30-60 days.

How is discussing moving our event a hot topic?
It hinges on the politics of the various manifestations of the Chinese-Wuhan virus, which are almost all highly political. As a business owner, the actions you propose, i.e. protecting and enhancing the bottom line, now, and in the unpredictable near-long term future are correct.

I was just wondering why a post I submit, with a quote from an author, and a link to the author's web page gets sent to the boiler room within minutes, and other posts by other members, under similar circumstances get a free pass. Did I steal one of the moderator's lunch money?

In for a penny in for a pound, we all support you decision either way it goes. IMO you should move it further out. Like biker said better safe than sorry, cause you know there’s a buncha old ass dudes on here who are hen pecked and if momma says no go there asses are out!!! Besides you said it best is it worth the risk of one life? Much less more? I was going to bring my whole family it would be a very enjoyable day for us. Good luck with the tough decision you have to make, just know that the 1%’ers will always have your back

Back
Top Bottom