OSHA and Firing Ranges

I deal with osha on a daily basis, it's employee safety. MSDS, labeled chemicals, lead hazards and such are all serious matters. While it doesn't seem like much to us that are slinging lead down range, it's a health risk to the people cleaning the slugs as well as shell casings. Every job I've been on that had lead had a special area set up to contain the lead during cutting. Osha is in place for a reason, without it there's no telling what kind of bs workers could be subjected to.

OSHA has lowered the standard of workplace safety down to the lowest common denominator making it well nigh impossible for trained people to accomplish their jobs without inviting some sort of infraction and exceedingly difficult for companies to put in jobs in a timely, cost effective manner. About the only outfits that can comply with the OSHA standards and still meet a budget are the union employers using subsidized labor. Don't you find it the least bit interesting that the only companies that can consistently comply with the OSHA regulations are the same companies that finanicially support said regulations through campaign contributions gathered through union dues?

I deal with osha on a daily basis, it's employee safety. MSDS, labeled chemicals, lead hazards and such are all serious matters. While it doesn't seem like much to us that are slinging lead down range, it's a health risk to the people cleaning the slugs as well as shell casings. Every job I've been on that had lead had a special area set up to contain the lead during cutting. Osha is in place for a reason, without it there's no telling what kind of bs workers could be subjected to.

I agree there is a purpose for them but like anyone else they can abuse their power. I had a 10'x8' pit open and they kept measuring around untill they found ONE SMALL SPOT that was ONE INCH too deep and they fined me 2500.00. No warning and my first infraction. That is BS.

Last edited:
OSHA has lowered the standard of workplace safety down to the lowest common denominator making it well nigh impossible for trained people to accomplish their jobs without inviting some sort of infraction and exceedingly difficult for companies to put in jobs in a timely, cost effective manner. About the only outfits that can comply with the OSHA standards and still meet a budget are the union employers using subsidized labor. Don't you find it the least bit interesting that the only companies that can consistently comply with the OSHA regulations are the same companies that finanicially support said regulations through campaign contributions gathered through union dues?
most union companies are also spending more money on employee labor and benefits. My contractor charges atleast 40$ HR per worker. So I find it hard to believe that were the only ones capable of going under budget. It is required for us to have osha 30 training as well as regular company safety meetings and safety programs. Its for good reason. Work place injuries not only affect the worker, but also the company ability to get subsequent jobs. While there are several reputable non union companies that offer great pay and benefits as well as in class training, most non union outfits I've seen consist of 5$ Mexicans that barely know what they're doing. And I ***** about unsafe **** at work. As far as the pit deal goes, yeah that was a dick move on oshas part, but they're just following policy.

I've yet to see a commercial electrical outfit that employs $5/hr mexicans or anyone else at that rate for that matter. Reread my post carefully. Safety is one thing, dumbing a trade down to where anyone can claim the title is completely different.

Back
Top Bottom