• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ott Gunworks Does Great Work

I used to work at a gun range around the corner from him and I was always told to refer people to him for custom work.so after a few months I wanted to meet the man I was referring people to and get a quote on some work for my shotgun. I got a kinda snobby reply of why would you want to do that and felt rushed with short answers and a less than excited tone for someone wanting to give you money lol. everyone has their days though and I still continued to pass out his cards for the remainder of the time I worked at said shop around the corner

I used to work at a gun range around the corner from him and I was always told to refer people to him for custom work.so after a few months I wanted to meet the man I was referring people to and get a quote on some work for my shotgun. I got a kinda snobby reply of why would you want to do that and felt rushed with short answers and a less than excited tone for someone wanting to give you money lol. everyone has their days though and I still continued to pass out his cards for the remainder of the time I worked at said shop around the corner

I am not saying it is justified but you have to understand something about true gunsmiths like Ott, time is money. He is not making money if he is upfront answering questions or walking someone through something. There are plenty of bull**** gunsmith's, who will take your gun, quote you a time and shoot the **** with you. My experience with these types of smith's is they almost never complete the job on time or if they do their work is subpar. This just is not the case with Brian or guys like Steve Rose at Rose action sports. These guys don't care to sit and talk much but their work is outstanding. I tossed Steve Rose in there, he is not a local gun smith, he is a great shotgun smith out of Kentucky. He reminds me of Brian in that he doesn't care to talk much but does really great work. When I am paying hundreds of dollars for custom work I don't care as much about personality, I care about performance. Brian delivers.

I am not saying it is justified but you have to understand something about true gunsmiths like Ott, time is money. He is not making money if he is upfront answering questions or walking someone through something. There are plenty of bull**** gunsmith's, who will take your gun, quote you a time and shoot the **** with you. My experience with these types of smith's is they almost never complete the job on time or if they do their work is subpar. This just is not the case with Brian or guys like Steve Rose at Rose action sports. These guys don't care to sit and talk much but their work is outstanding. I tossed Steve Rose in there, he is not a local gun smith, he is a great shotgun smith out of Kentucky. He reminds me of Brian in that he doesn't care to talk much but does really great work. When I am paying hundreds of dollars for custom work I don't care as much about personality, I care about performance. Brian delivers.
I bet you shop at adventure outdoors too lol. Just like with them I would rather spend my money where I feel appreciated or can at least get decent service. Good thing he does such good work cause without it I just don't think people would see him as a first choice

I do shop at AO. Their customer service sucks but sometimes their prices are right. In addition to that when Bloomberg tired to get multiple gun dealers in GA to roll over and play dead AO at least had the balls to stand and fight. I am sorry your feelings were hurt by Ott because he didn't pay you the attention you thought you deserved but if Ott spent all his time attending to every gun owner who thinks he is a special snowflake he wouldn't still be in business.

Lol.
I'll use him if I need a gunsmith

I do shop at AO. Their customer service sucks but sometimes their prices are right. In addition to that when Bloomberg tired to get multiple gun dealers in GA to roll over and play dead AO at least had the balls to stand and fight. I am sorry your feelings were hurt by Ott because he didn't pay you the attention you thought you deserved but if Ott spent all his time attending to every gun owner who thinks he is a special snowflake he wouldn't still be in business.

"if Ott spent all his time attending to every gun owner who thinks he is a special snowflake he wouldn't still be in business."

:rofl:

OK, here goes... Brian Ott is not going to win miss (or Mr.) congeniality at the gunsmith conventions, he's a one man show so he doesn't have time to go.
Is he going to help you fix your dads gun over the phone? Not likely because of common sense and time. Is he going to treat you professionally with respect? Absolutely! Is he going to give you a fair price for GREAT Quality work? YES, again! Will he be your best friend for a 2 hour chat when he has 10 guns on the bench? Probably not... Have dozens of folks trusted him with their $1,000.00 babies to "work magic" and got them back before the day promised? Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:) I don't know Brian personally, I might not take my preacher or my Mom in there to chat with him, but I will take him any and all of my gunsmith business. Do you want smoke blown up your skirt? Go to matchmaker.com

Raptor II (10).jpg Raptor II (12).jpg

VERY satisfied customer of OTT Gunworks, Douglasville, GA

i've always found brian to be very personable. super nice guy and absolutely honest. he won't charge you for crap you don't need. everyone i've refered to him has come away happy. as have i. i won't use anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom