• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ott Gunworks Does Great Work

I do shop at AO. Their customer service sucks but sometimes their prices are right. In addition to that when Bloomberg tired to get multiple gun dealers in GA to roll over and play dead AO at least had the balls to stand and fight. I am sorry your feelings were hurt by Ott because he didn't pay you the attention you thought you deserved but if Ott spent all his time attending to every gun owner who thinks he is a special snowflake he wouldn't still be in business.
lol no hurt feelings here sweetheart I just simply went somewhere else

Brian Ott is a great guy. I went to him and took my Ruger Revolver in there and set it down in front of him. I told him what I needed ( cylinder latch for security six ). He said I would have to order one from a dealer that deals in older gun parts. I said cool and he gave me a name of one that I could contact. Before I could leave Brian tells me to hold on, he might have one. He comes back in less than 5 minutes, sells me the part I need. Great price by the way. Saved me about $20.00. Used him a few times. Must say I was happy.

i've always found brian to be very personable. super nice guy and absolutely honest. he won't charge you for crap you don't need. everyone i've refered to him has come away happy. as have i. i won't use anyone else.

This. I do not know him other than the couple of times I needed his services and he was a very decent and personable guy. And you are right, he does not charge you for crap you don't need. His pricing was excellent for a blue collar worker like me and he had the job done before his estimation. I could not be happier with the work Brian did for me and I will refer him and take my gunsmithing business to him every time. He's just a very small family business and we're dang lucky to have him around here.

I used to work at a gun range around the corner from him and I was always told to refer people to him for custom work.so after a few months I wanted to meet the man I was referring people to and get a quote on some work for my shotgun. I got a kinda snobby reply of why would you want to do that and felt rushed with short answers and a less than excited tone for someone wanting to give you money lol. everyone has their days though and I still continued to pass out his cards for the remainder of the time I worked at said shop around the corner

Sorry you didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you came to my shop.

Snobby reply unlikely, incredulous perhaps. I don't remember our conversation or you coming in, but I have people coming through all day everyday. I don't get excited over every project that comes in the door. Some of them are exceptionally misguided, based on bad information, or just downright stupid. I'm not saying yours was but I deal with this on a daily basis.

My philosophy isn't to get all the money walking in the door, it is to ensure that what the customer wants will meet their needs and make sense. I can't tell you how many jobs I didn't get after having a fifteen minute conversation about all the option, the cost of the work, the value of the gun to be worked on and the overall return on the money spent. I honestly advise when I think work is unnecessary, cost prohibitive, or unsafe. In the first two cases I could just keep my mouth shut, take the money and run, but I try to ensure that my customers are fully informed and can make a decision based on fact. Sometimes they decide to go ahead with the work and I'm ok with that because they are making a decision based off accurate information, but most of the time, they decide that perhaps their gun money would be better spent on another project. If all I cared about was getting your money I would just shut up write you a job order and send you on your way, it sure would save me a lot of time and probably make me more money. The only real problem I have with anything you wrote, is that I had a "less than excited tone for someone wanting to give you money". I don't expect anyone to "give" me money, I run a business and provide a service. I work damn hard to earn the money I receive. I will tell you that some jobs I don't take, or get excited about are not because of the work itself, it is because of the person bringing it. Some people make the jobs more trouble than they are worth.

On another note, and again I don't remember you or our conversation so I am not saying this you, but I have a pretty low tolerance level for rudeness, BS, or a sense of being entitled. I will tolerate it as long as possible, but admittedly it isn't very long, before I send you packing. I will not put up with a lack of common courtesy and civilized behavior.

I haven't made it to the shop but I have pm'd him a couple times asking questions and he's always took the time and helped me out. Good guy in my book.

Sorry you didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you came to my shop.

Snobby reply unlikely, incredulous perhaps. I don't remember our conversation or you coming in, but I have people coming through all day everyday. I don't get excited over every project that comes in the door. Some of them are exceptionally misguided, based on bad information, or just downright stupid. I'm not saying yours was but I deal with this on a daily basis.

My philosophy isn't to get all the money walking in the door, it is to ensure that what the customer wants will meet their needs and make sense. I can't tell you how many jobs I didn't get after having a fifteen minute conversation about all the option, the cost of the work, the value of the gun to be worked on and the overall return on the money spent. I honestly advise when I think work is unnecessary, cost prohibitive, or unsafe. In the first two cases I could just keep my mouth shut, take the money and run, but I try to ensure that my customers are fully informed and can make a decision based on fact. Sometimes they decide to go ahead with the work and I'm ok with that because they are making a decision based off accurate information, but most of the time, they decide that perhaps their gun money would be better spent on another project. If all I cared about was getting your money I would just shut up write you a job order and send you on your way, it sure would save me a lot of time and probably make me more money. The only real problem I have with anything you wrote, is that I had a "less than excited tone for someone wanting to give you money". I don't expect anyone to "give" me money, I run a business and provide a service. I work damn hard to earn the money I receive. I will tell you that some jobs I don't take, or get excited about are not because of the work itself, it is because of the person bringing it. Some people make the jobs more trouble than they are worth.

On another note, and again I don't remember you or our conversation so I am not saying this you, but I have a pretty low tolerance level for rudeness, BS, or a sense of being entitled. I will tolerate it as long as possible, but admittedly it isn't very long, before I send you packing. I will not put up with a lack of common courtesy and civilized behavior.
no sweat bro like I said everyone has their days maybe I just caught you on an off one. It was so small I still passed out your cards while I was at that gun shop.

I have to say, I have been nothing but pleased with the work I have had done by Brian. The first time I met him, I went in and asked him some questions about the functions of the new 1911 I had just purchased. I was new to the platform and was having what I thought was a problem with the new gun. I remember I told Brian what the issue was and the asked him, "Is this a problem with the gun or is it operator error?" He took the gun, did a few things with it, and handed it back to me with just two words, "operator error". I thanked him and he did discuss a few of the functions of the gun and showed me a few things. When I asked him what I owed him, he simply said to come back and see him when I had a real problem. And, I have done just that. I also send everyone that I know that needs work done to him and highly recommend him to anyone that asks. Just an all round good guy.

Back
Top Bottom