• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Our Lovely Pitbull Passed Away today!!!

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
A sad day for OttoMan Family!

Today, our lovely Pitbull, Duke, passed away.
After almost 13 years giving us joy and love, he is now back to the life Giver, our LORD God.

In the book of Job, chapter 12:9-10, the Bible says:
"π‘Ύπ’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 π’Œπ’π’π’˜ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝑢𝑹𝑫 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’”? 𝑰𝒏 π‘―π’Šπ’” 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’Šπ’” 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’‡π’† 𝒐𝒇 π’†π’—π’†π’“π’š 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’Žπ’‚π’π’Œπ’Šπ’π’…."
Message in this picture, for our boy Duke:
"True love never dies but stay forever in our hearts.
Our hearts will always wear the paw prints left by you.
We love you, Duke!

See you again in heaven!"
RIP Duke.jpg
DSC_0206.JPG
DSC_0469.JPG
IMG_0325 Duke.jpg

Sorry for your loss, brother. I've wept some unmanly tears over mine over the years when it came their time. But I stayed with them the whole time till their last breath left. I owe them that much. Dogs are the most loving and honest creatures that the Lord blesses us with on this earth.
I sure know Brother. I buried my sweet Girl Chloe last year. And today digging near her grave site, was tough. I mean really tough! I will build some memorial over and put a memorial stone with their pictures!

So very sorry for your loss. I'll share a quote from one of my favorite authors.

β€œDogs’ lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you’re going to lose a dog, and there’s going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can’t support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There’s such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.”

Dean Koontz in 'The Darkest Evening of the Year'.

Back
Top Bottom