Out of state buyer: need advice.

Had you not posted this thread here, then I would have accepted fathers GADL...having unlucky posted he is moving out of state makes an FFL required in my book...very cheap insurance for you freedom from any hassle...

If you sell to his son when it is implied that he will transfer ownership to his father then it is considered a straw purchase.
No you do not need to FFL transfer a gun to some one who is an official Georgia citizen.
Just ship to his FFL in Tennessee and be done with it.
No, a bill of sale will not help you nor will it harm you legally but you can sure start a camp fire with it if shtf.

I broke contact with the guy. This is now a hypothetical discussion. I am interested in what legally constitutes a straw purchase given the circumstances I originally stated.

Just walk away.......there will be another buyer out there.........walk away.....walk away.....walk away!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just walk away.......there will be another buyer out there.........walk away.....walk away.....walk away!!

ya know... WAIT...
half the people on here that are saying "straw purchase" have no clue what it is

a GIFTED purchase is perfectly legal.

a STRAW purchase means the buyer defrauded the seller into thinking the purchase was for him..IE lying about it

i can buy guns on a daily basis for my GF in another state, and have the seller state on the FFL transfer that i AM the purchaser, and SHE is the receiver of the firearms

STRAW purchase assumes and alludes to the fact you LIE at the point of purchase- if every intention you have is legal, then the gifted recipient holds all legal responsibilities

this is straight off the ATF 4473

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 16 19.34.jpg

Back
Top Bottom