• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overrated/overhyped guns

I would be willing to bet that a British Brown
Bess in my opinion is the most underrated firearm in history

It had more to do in shaping the world we live in than
AKs could ever dream about.

1911 "was" the best pistol. It's dated. High capacity light weight striker fires are easily the better choice for pretty much everything. 1911 loyalists are either brainwashed or brain dead. Just my opinion or fact?
I can't think of any instance I'd rather have 8 shots of 45 over 16 rounds 9mm PPQ or 20 rounds 40sw XDm.
I don't see a great advantage of an external safety. It adds an extra step. .02 seconds to deactivate or not it's still an extra step and possibly forgotten unless it's hard wired into you. I'd also say a Glock is more reliable in adverse conditions. high capacity 1911s way to heavy + bulky.

Last edited:
These people talking about disk gaging a safety are getting petty to me. There's no additional time to disengaging a safety ad it should be disengaged before the gun even clears the holster.

Revolvers. Low capacity, horrible ergonomics and overated reliability. Revolvers malfunction all the time, especially the Smith's. Plus they are painful just to look at. They belong in museums not on the hip or collection of a respectable gun owner.
now that hurts. meanie

Revolvers. Low capacity, horrible ergonomics and overated reliability. Revolvers malfunction all the time, especially the Smith's. Plus they are painful just to look at. They belong in museums not on the hip or collection of a respectable gun owner.
www.bishfish.co.nz_images_webbooks_downriggerrods.jpg

1911 "was" the best pistol. It's dated. High capacity light weight striker fires are easily the better choice for pretty much everything. 1911 loyalists are either brainwashed or brain dead. Just my opinion or fact?
I can't think of any instance I'd rather have 8 shots of 45 over 16 rounds 9mm PPQ or 20 rounds 40sw XDm.
I don't see a great advantage of an external safety. It adds an extra step. .02 seconds to deactivate or not it's still an extra step and possibly forgotten unless it's hard wired into you. I'd also say a Glock is more reliable in adverse conditions. high capacity 1911s way to heavy + bulky.
Not a discussion about the best gun. There are more modern weapons. There are higher capacity weapons. None of this makes a 1911 overrated.

No, there isn't. They have a great aftermarket, but people go on about them like it's the greatest gun since sliced bread, when a $170 Marlin Model 60 is more accurate straight out of the box. Personally if I wanted a "hi capacity" 22, I'd have to go with the Umarex Colt or S&W 15-22. Like I said, it's purely subjective. I knew that one would cause a fuss lol. Hell I even like the Mannlicher stocked 10/22
Marlin Model 60 ??? :pound: Isn't that the one with the squirrel on the stock? I had one and so did my brother, it should have had a stove pipe on the stock.

Back
Top Bottom