• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overrated/overhyped guns

No, there isn't. They have a great aftermarket, but people go on about them like it's the greatest gun since sliced bread, when a $170 Marlin Model 60 is more accurate straight out of the box. Personally if I wanted a "hi capacity" 22, I'd have to go with the Umarex Colt or S&W 15-22. Like I said, it's purely subjective. I knew that one would cause a fuss lol. Hell I even like the Mannlicher stocked 10/22

Sent you a pm.

Not a discussion about the best gun. There are more modern weapons. There are higher capacity weapons. None of this makes a 1911 overrated.
When people say it's the best gun ever and would rather carry that than be caught dead with Tupper ware then yes it's overrated. Glock is overrated. Sure it's reliable under most conditions but, it's like carrying a brick. When people swear by any gun that has a religious zealot following, they are overrated.
I am always open to new gun ideas and usually don't discount them till I can try it.

These people talking about disk gaging a safety are getting petty to me. There's no additional time to disengaging a safety ad it should be disengaged before the gun even clears the holster.
1 extra step in holster or out. .00001 Second is still extra time. One extra step to think about in a high stress situation is one extra unneeded thought. Protect your opinion all you want. Facts have been stated.

Revolvers. Low capacity, horrible ergonomics and overated reliability. Revolvers malfunction all the time, especially the Smith's. Plus they are painful just to look at. They belong in museums not on the hip or collection of a respectable gun owner.

Oh those revolver guys will hunt you down as soon as they awaken from their naps.

Back
Top Bottom