• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

+P ammo in Keltec and Kahr

jakedoinit

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Wanted to get some ideas and opinions on +P ammo in Kel Tec PF 9 9MM and Kahr CW 45. Specifically Cor Bon ammo. You guys think these sub compact are built well enough to handle the pressures? I was thinking if I could shoot it enough to know where it hits it would be ok for daily carry. Cor Bon has some very impressive ballistics if the charts are accurate. Thanks for the theories,ideas and opinions in advance guys.

The PF9 isn't rated for +P loads. I wouldn't shoot anything hot out of the thing if you value your hands. Not sure of the Kahr. That said, out that small of a gun do you really want the increase in recoil, muzzle blast, and noise for what may or may not be an improvement ballistically? Standard pressure loadings will suffice as long as you are using a good bullet that performs at the speed it is coming out from a shorter then average barrel.

All Kahrs are +P rated, if the caliber offers plus P.

While there is loss of efficacy using +P rounds in shorter barrels, they will still be faster, usually, than non +P from the same barrel.

+P in .45ACP, especially with the heavier bullets of that round, does not add sufficient velocity in a shorter 3.6 inch barrel to bother, IMO.

In a CW9, 9mm, I would ONLY carry 9mm+P for SD use.

And as said, KelTecs PF-9 is not rated for the higher pressured round.

Good input fella's. I was just trying to brainstorm and get the most possible for a SD load. Being an old school 45 fan I want to get the nost possible from that Kel Tec 9. That thing is so concealable and comfortable it's becoming my carry preference.

Back
Top Bottom