• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Painted pistol

Beretta@686

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Bought an old truck the other day & while cleaning it out (& checking for drugs) I found a Pistol under the seat back. Its a High-Point C9 9mm. Checked to make sure it wasn't stolen(not). Someone has apparently painted the pistol as there is black & green on it. I am not a pistol guy so my question is what color was it originally & what is the best method for getting the paint off. Where can I find a manual for this pistol? I'd like to keep it for a "truck gun". I do have a CCW.

Good find! I dont have any experience with Hipoints finish but whenever someone wants to revove paint from something that your afraid of ruining it I recommend nail polish remover...

Also some plastics will be affected so go easy on the poly frame.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

It's a hi point. Paint it what color you want it to be and call it a day. The guns not really worth the time it would take to strip

Funny.jpg
Can you not return the gun to the previouse owner?

What and piss the guy off.
What's like getting your Ex wife back.

I agree with not bothering with stripping the paint as possible it's not gobbed up inside the slide or frame rails. If you go to the Hi Point website you can most likely get an owner's manual from there for cheap or free. If the old owner doesn't want it back id go get a couple of extra mags and a lock box for your truck.

Back
Top Bottom