• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Painting" with Bedliner

I can only think of the downsides of using that stuff for paint.

• Lowers resale value.
  • Adds weight which reduces your total MPG.
  • Fades over time.
  • If rust starts, it'll consume a good portion before it shows.
  • Very expensive/time involved to remove.
I looked into what could happen if used inside a vehicle and found out the liners were not developed to be used in closed in spaces like that. Heat causes the liner to release a toxin in the air that is harmful to the body. Pretty much the same as the BPA plastic when heated in the microwave. I had intended to use it inside my E150, but I carry my two boy's around in it and won't take a chance using it with them.

Has anyone here sprayed or rolled bedliner onto a vehicle exterior?

How did it go? Are there any things that you would do differently if you were to attempt it again?
I haven't on a car but have on a boat. The steering console was real ugly from paint fade and couldn't be resurrected with a can. So I sprayed it and a couple other items with bed liner and it made a huge difference in the inside anesthetics of the boat. Made a 2004 interior look it was made to look thst way on purpose. It's an excellent method of treating faded and delpadated paint areas. And its damn near indestructible. Just don't get any wax or polish on it. Tape it off if you treat the surrounding painted surfaces with wax or polish.

Back
Top Bottom