• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto State Armory Labor day sale!!!!

That's because they were probably the same parts. DD and PSA don't manufacture their own lower parts. There is only about 3 companies building spec lower parts and all the big boys use them.

Well, they had different forge markings on them but that was the only thing I saw different. Just never heard that they used different LPKs in the kits versus the complete rifles.

Lower parts kit. Has the trigger parts, springs, etc that turn a stripped lower into a functioning lower half of an AR15

That's because they were probably the same parts. DD and PSA don't manufacture their own lower parts. There is only about 3 companies building spec lower parts and all the big boys use them.

I'm not certain but I think this may be the case for most major AR components like uppers and lowers as well (not so sure about barrels). Seems like Spikes, PSA, DD, etc, have some type of in house machining and finishing operation but the components are forged by a mil-spec contractor. Kind of like TVs and computers.

Please be advised that the LPK's they sell and NOT the same LPK's that they use in their own rifles.

I have been contacted by a represenative of Palmetto State Armory who saw this post and called to inform me that all of LPK's they sell are made in America and are the exact same as the ones they use in all of their rifle platforms. In respect for them and an assurance from the gentleman I talked to I would like to retract my previous comment and apologize for providing false information.

I'm not certain but I think this may be the case for most major AR components like uppers and lowers as well (not so sure about barrels). Seems like Spikes, PSA, DD, etc, have some type of in house machining and finishing operation but the components are forged by a mil-spec contractor. Kind of like TVs and computers.
Yes sir.

I have been contacted by a represenative of Palmetto State Armory who saw this post and called to inform me that all of LPK's they sell are made in America and are the exact same as the ones they use in all of their rifle platforms. In respect for them and an assurance from the gentleman I talked to I would like to retract my previous comment and apologize for providing false information.
Glad to see you didn't go all Spikes Tactical on this one. I like you too much to write you off as I have Spikes. ;)

See... I went over to check out their site just for the deal on LPKs... now I'm tring to talk myself out of building a stainless 6.8 AR. ATTENTION: Everyone please go buy a stainless 6.8 upper. Once they are out of stock, they can't haunt me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom