• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto State Armory STG-44

Saw that recently. Gotta give it to Palmetto for bringing out new stuff more than the other companies. The STG is supposedly coming out in 2024. I an thinking probably early 2025. They also have a new Krink ak coming out sometime. I did get to hold a original STG 44 years ago. It is a fairly heavy weapon fir a medium size cartridge.

very cool and super excited about PSA branching out into this type of consumer market in the gun industry. I wish they'd focus more on getting the markings 100% right, also eliminate their big brand mark on the gun. It just distracts from the rest of the craftmanship. Also the wood seems like it could be better. It looks better in this video than earlier iterations. Earlier ones looked like their Chinese Type 56 copy wood.

I‘m glad they are remaking classics like the STG-44 available so the average person can afford one. I don’t care for the silver receiver and would prefer it to be all black but that’s just me. It wouldn’t be my go to gun so the weight is not a deal breaker.

Now if PSA would only build a MG-42 in .308 with a binary trigger.…😍😍

I like PSA and am not a hater but I just think why? Is the STG44 new or innovative? No. Is it filling a niche in the market? I dunno. I mean, it’s cool as an exercise in “look what we can do!” But I just don’t see the market for this other than hobbyists like re-enactors. It wouldn’t be my first choice to fill any role from self defense, home defense, or defense against tyranny. I get it, to each their own but it seems like a small corner of an already over saturated market.

I’d rather see them focus on better quality control and order fulfillment on the line up they already have…research and development of new products is great, advancement or improvement of existing products is even better but digging up and reproducing relics is just kind of…goofy.

That sounds harsh but I wish do them well.

I like PSA and am not a hater but I just think why? Is the STG44 new or innovative? No. Is it filling a niche in the market? I dunno. I mean, it’s cool as an exercise in “look what we can do!” But I just don’t see the market for this other than hobbyists like re-enactors. It wouldn’t be my first choice to fill any role from self defense, home defense, or defense against tyranny. I get it, to each their own but it seems like a small corner of an already over saturated market.

I’d rather see them focus on better quality control and order fulfillment on the line up they already have…research and development of new products is great, advancement or improvement of existing products is even better but digging up and reproducing relics is just kind of…goofy.

That sounds harsh but I wish do them well.
Please understand that the reason you don't like it is because this type of product is not for you. We all find a "niche" in the gun industry that we like more than others, some like the new and innovative stuff, some like WW2 stuff, some like civil war stuff, some NODS, list goes on.

Its not your cup of tea so thats why you don't understand the significance of having this type of gun enter the market. PSA has tapped into an untapped market by making this gun. It is a big deal in the milsurp community just FYI.

Please understand that the reason you don't like it is because this type of product is not for you. We all find a "niche" in the gun industry that we like more than others, some like the new and innovative stuff, some like WW2 stuff, some like civil war stuff, some NODS, list goes on.

Its not your cup of tea so thats why you don't understand the significance of having this type of gun enter the market. PSA has tapped into an untapped market by making this gun. It is a big deal in the milsurp community just FYI.

Unless we disagree that the milsurp community is a niche market (and this isn’t technically milsurp but a reproduction making it an even smaller niche), you confirmed pretty much what I said. (That while I don’t get it from my own practical sense I yield to the principle “to each their own”)

Back
Top Bottom