• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto State Armory STG-44

Unless we disagree that the milsurp community is a niche market (and this isn’t technically milsurp but a reproduction making it an even smaller niche), you confirmed pretty much what I said. (That while I don’t get it from my own practical sense I yield to the principle “to each their own”)
the milsurp market is smaller but has grown exponentially since the popularity of the internet. That popularity has also caused a massive increase in pricing on milsurps, that and the sanctions our gov has put in place restricting further milsurps from coming into country. Point being yeah it isn't a real STG but because of reality and the fact that the average collector will never obtain a $100k STG-44, it doesnt make it a smaller niche. It actually increases popularity of this type of firearm as it has now become obtainable at a reasonable price.

I gather you may only be interested in the most innovative and effective gun out there that you can get and thats fine. I like that too, but I wouldn't discredit the fact that there are voids in the market and the demand is there. I commend PSA for meeting that demand, I have alot of respect for them filling the void. They have done the same thing with a copy of the Type 56 Spiker AK-47 and are also coming out with a Krinkov. Both guns that are hard to come by and expensive when you do.

I'm a buyer if it's in 7.62x39. If 8mm Kurz I'm out.

Too bad it looks like it takes proprietary mags, too.

Weren't they supposed to release some other new guns a couple years ago? And then didn't? I can't keep up.

Weren't they supposed to release some other new guns a couple years ago? And then didn't? I can't keep up.
Yeah there's a few. I think what holds them back initially is the tooling set up. Can't be a cheap or easy endeavor.

They’re finishing up where hmg got hung up and I for one think PSA has become the single greatest asset to the Firearms community in the USA
Absolutely agree. And they are arming all US citizens regardless of budget. Important for common use and all.

I do remember PSA talking about coming out with a hk mp5 clone for two years, last I heard the chief engineer on the project went to another company and the project was scraped. But they did come out with one slightly similar but it is simple blowback.

Well there was the PSA 1911 disaster roll out....
I mean if a modern gun manufacturer cant get that hunnerd year old design right, I'm not real keen on owning any of their other stuff.

Well there was the PSA 1911 disaster roll out....
I mean if a modern gun manufacturer cant get that hunnerd year old design right, I'm not real keen on owning any of their other stuff.
The PSA STG 44 will be available in four chamberings: 8mm Kurz, 5.56/.223, .300 Blackout, and 7.62x39mm.

Back
Top Bottom