• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**** paypal

****ALways use GIFT and never put anything especially, firearms/knives related in the description! It's always been that way!!! ie. " thank you as always mr. Backwoods! Yours truly, mr. Smith" done!****

There's a downfall to using the Gift option. If the seller screws you and doesn't ship the item, you can't dispute the transaction. There's been a rash of those bad deals happening on a big national music forum I'm on. When paying with paypal I simply leave the description blank and leave the details to PM or email.

i get that they want to watch their backs, but if they are going to scrutinize a 45 dollar payment (which they took out of his account) for a person to person in state transfer (im assuming its between two GA residents) for an abbreviation then they got their priorities backwards

if they had an issue with it they should have notified him before taking the money and then holding it versus putting a hold on it before hand. my issue would be them adding additional time, after all for an internet payment service they seem pretty slow.

just my opinion. they can operate how they want but if it were me id tell them to cancel the whole damn thing and just mail the guy a cashiers check or something

How can they notify him before? They do thousands of transactions a day and people expect instant transfers (which is what they boast) so they can have their item shipped asap, etc. If they didnt take the money out of the account, the sender could potentially close the bank account or remove the funds from the account and the sender could have potentially shipped the item or handed the item to the sender. The automate the transactions and then run audits to maintain their policies and stop any potential fraud, risk, etc.

I agree... chucklenut, using another service is ideal. I know Chase Bank offers a way I can send money via email to people. I initiate it and the receiver gets an email with a link that they click and it takes them to a secure Chase site for them to put their account info or mailing address to have the funds sent.

Back
Top Bottom