• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IRS $600 Paypal, Venom

Now you know why the need the extra surge of IRS agents. Too many Americans work "gig" jobs now and are not paying taxes through traditional paychecks. Uncle Sam wants his cut (and the Big Guy too!)
Millions of slugs on welfare and the bureaucrat/industrial/redistribution complex that "spreads the wealth around" depend on your tax money.

All you have to do is say “half of the dinner bill” lol

The IRS will require a receipt or else it's treated as pure profit.

I'll probably hit the limit for 2023 in late Jan or Feb for my little ebay and etsy stores and then I'll close for the year or only handle cash/MO orders. This is 100% strangling the small guy. The .gov has decided that my extra money isn't better suited to go into the local economy, e.g. my kids dance class or diapers, but into the next 400 billion dollar missile package to Ukraine or 100 million back to AL Qaida in Afghanistan.

The IRS will require a receipt or else it's treated as pure profit.

I'll probably hit the limit for 2023 in late Jan or Feb for my little ebay and etsy stores and then I'll close for the year or only handle cash/MO orders. This is 100% strangling the small guy. The .gov has decided that my extra money isn't better suited to go into the local economy, e.g. my kids dance class or diapers, but into the next 400 billion dollar missile package to Ukraine or 100 million back to AL Qaida in Afghanistan.
hell im going to have to fight that stupid **** because i sold some watches and golf clubs to clear out accumulated junk. #****theIRS

It doesnt matter if you are selling your stuff on here, or on any platform as long as you are not making a profit. If you sell a $1000 item, (watch, golf club, gun, sofa, car, whatever) for equal to or less than you paid for it, the IRS cannot tax you. If you sell it for $1100, they can tax you on the $100 profit you made on it.

The pain in the ass is going to be receipts for all the old crap you decide to sell. Or maybe the IRS will give us a pass like they did with obama care fines and not require documentation.

If you are selling stuff on ebay or etsy, you should have some cost basis, and you can claim that as non-taxable. Again, you will probably need receipts, ie pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom