• It's still too hot to hike the mountains

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Childers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
I know we dont like to share our secret spots with folks we do not know. I get that. The informartion I'm looking for is which would be the best to take my girlfriend out to? I have driven through Cohutta once. Its beautiful, but I am unfamiliar with the land. Pine log I have probably spent 200+ hours hunting and hiking. I know the critters are there, but I generally dont see anything besides a couple song birds. even squirrels are scarce there. I've run up on some hogs once and that's predominately why I go. I plan to look for muscadines, acorns and water. I plan on taking the .22lr but will primarily carry the .22wmr in case I see some bacon. I may even bring the bow in case I see a deer or pig. She's asked me to take her hunting and has a real interest in seeing what it is about. Can yall point me in the right direction? Thanks yall!

Take her to Cohutta, not as many crops nearby to keep the critters pulled away. It's alot prettier, has bear too, nows usually prime time for bear over there. Also there's places to swim like Jacks river falls and lake conasauga. Imho, I'd take a muzzle loader instead of a rimfire.

Back
Top Bottom